Wireless EMC Test Engineer
As the Technical Regulatory Expert you will use your comprehensive, in-depth knowledge of the wireless compliance landscape to support our development teams to obtain necessary global certifications.
In pursuit of this responsibility, you will:
- Define product approval strategy
- Interpret regulatory standards and advise engineering teams so they meet product requirements
- Coordinate testing and obtain approval results with agencies
- Conduct testing (for Compliance as well as for Pre-compliance) in our accredited test facility to either identify performance gaps & improvement opportunities or to substantiate compliance claims, as appropriate
- Track data per department requirements and assist technical documentation personnel in completing technical reports
- Manage testing at 3rd party test partners to complement our in-house testing
- Serve as a liaison between development engineering and 3rd party agencies / Government bodies (such as FCC)
- Identify and clarify any changes to the product necessary to assure compliance (including technical needs for the product, labels, technical / user documentation, etc.)
- Keep abreast of changes and developments in relevant global testing standards and requirements
Additional Responsibilities may include, but shall not be limited to
- Conduct environmental testing on =SE= products, including Thermal Shock, Vibration, HALT, Temperature Latitude, etc.
- Participate in periodic audits by 3rd party accreditation agencies such as A2LA, UL, and others
- Perform EMC and/or RF tests (FCC, CE, etc.) on =SE= products
- Collect pretest information and provide client support regarding test procedures, specific standards, and troubleshooting
- Specify system test apparatus and equipment for compliance testing and pre-compliance evaluations.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years working in Regulatory Compliance with specific in-depth experience in EMC Testing & Certification of Wireless Device Technologies.
- Must be familiar with the following Standards and Directives:
EU EMC Directive
EU RED Directive
RSS 102 & 247
ANSI C63.10 & C63.4
FCC Part 15 subpart C, 15.247 (Transmitter co-location, including filing methods)
Bluetooth and WiFi applications and testing procedures including those for Human Exposure.
Other global Wireless Certification requirements (WLAN, BT, 802.11, LTE, etc.)
- Experience in direct hands-on EMC testing of electronic assemblies, sub-assemblies, and systems.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Proven ability to use EMC test equipment such as EMI receivers, Anechoic Chambers, Spectrum Analyzers, etc.
- mmWave 5G experience is helpful
- Knowledge of Electrical, Manufacturing, and Environmental regulations, such as UL, CE, IEC, SAA, FCC, RCM, RoHs, Reach, WEEE, NEMA, IP, etc.
- Knowledge of safety and environmental test equipment and procedures, such as Dielectrics, Environmental Chambers, Vibration Testing, HALT Chambers, etc.
- Experience testing electronic devices that utilize communication protocols such as HART, Foundation Fieldbus, and similar.
- LabView, C5, & TILE simulation software
- Demonstrated behavior that is consistent with the company’s values of Customer Satisfaction, Innovation, Family, and Social Responsibility.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills: ability to prioritize, identify root causes & take corrective actions
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Needs the ability to work both independently and in a team environment to address issues with limited direction from management.
- Communicate project status and results to clients through frequent contact
- Recognized proactive team fostering behavior & passion to get on time results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.