Business in a "new normal" environment
Dear Customers and Partners
Following our global mobilisation in response to the need to support stakeholder and customer operations during the pandemic, at Schneider Electric we are in the "new normal" environment, fully operational.
This would not be possible without the great work of our teams in collaboration with our partners and customers, in ensuring business continuity, on site or from home. Thank you for the collective daily commitment, passion and continuous engagement.
- Our first priority remains the health and safety of our employees, customers and partners. In co-ordination with local authorities, we are deploying systematic COVID-19 de-escalation protocol in compliance with local authority guidance, including controlling site access, using Personal Protection Equipment as required and increasing the provision and frequency of sanitation and disinfection.
- We are focused on supporting your business. All around the world as business resumes, or is already back on—or for some of us never stopped—we are committed to assisting you with your operations. Our global supply chain and services teams are mobilised all over the world, and locally, from supply chain to field services support and we are ready to collaborate on demand-shaping customer solutions. We support your operations and business continuity through digital resiliency, cyber secure tools and infrastructure, 24/7 customer and technical support and remote management capabilities, including safely supporting failures, repairs, training and testing. Our sales teams are ready to assist you in adapting, resuming or building your projects. We are here for you and I want to thank you for placing your trust in us. We acknowledge the crisis has provoked some targeted supply chain issues, and we apologise for any issues incurred. I can ensure you that all of us are working with dedication to solve any issue you might face.
- We address the specific needs of impacted communities. We collaborate closely with our ecosystem to service and secure critical infrastructures such as hospitals, networks, data centres, water plants and cold food chain. With our Schneider Electric Foundation, we have launched the "Tomorrow Rising Fund" to help the most vulnerable to respond, recover and become more resilient with emergency support, longer-term reconstruction, education and professional training.
- Together, we build a more resilient and sustainable world. The COVID-19 crisis puts fundamentals in perspective and accelerates many existing trends. Strengthening resilience is our response. It is about strategising for fast and agile reactions: digital and remote everywhere, local decision making for speed and adaptation, and prioritisation of sustainability to mitigate and adapt to primary threats such as a pandemic or climate change. At Schneider, we will continue to advocate for bold actions to create an all-digital, all-electric world, ensuring that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
- Together, we remain connected. We have to live with the virus and some new ways of working are here to stay, at least for a while. We have reduced business travel but encourage digital meetings and have developed new digital opportunities to stay connected. Over the last three months, we have welcomed over 120,000 (figures from May 2020) customers and partners to our dedicated webinars and online training sessions. Our employees are equipped with the digital tools and skillsets to be available to support you in this new environment.
We have all learnt a lot over the past months. At Schneider, our teams are empowered to do their best to support you and wherever we operate, we continue to adapt to change.
I thank you again for your support and collaboration. You can contact us at any time.
Stay safe and well.
Chairman & CEO, Schneider Electric