International Sales Manager
Join Schneider Electric and power your career
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric a top 25 employer of choice, according to LinkedIn.
We are looking for an International Sales Manager in (Netherlands (near office Taurusavenue 133, 2132 LS Hoofddorp would be an advantage ) with a personal drive to contribute to the overall Schneider Electric growth plan. You will report to the NWE Sales Director
Mission of the role
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centers & Networks and Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the company’s 180,000 plus employees achieved sales of about 27.2 billion Euros in 2019, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy.
Our Energy and Sustainability Services Division is the largest and fastest growing energy and sustainability business in the world providing the leading software and services proposition in the global market place, we are looking for ambitious, learning individuals that can help to transform our industry and lead our customers to a world of new opportunity.
The position resides within our International Sales Team which is not only the leading sales organization within our global market place but also one of the fastest growing, innovative and dynamic organizations within Schneider Electric Group. The International Sales Manager will work within this environment selling to both large and multinational organizations headquartered in the Netherlands.
The role will operate along-side our team of sales and pre-sales specialists working across our EMEA, APAC & Americas divisions.
Successful candidates will be expected to hold C level engagements within these target organizations, focused on building solutions within the domains of sustainability, energy supply and energy demand. Successful candidates are not only required to possess strong prospecting, hunting and nurturing capabilities but must also have a strong track record of hitting and exceeding sales targets.
The primary accountabilities, character traits, skills, and requirements are listed below.
- Hunger: must have excellent prospecting skills which include the ability to self-generate new opportunities that are aligned to our target market;
- Integrity: demonstrates this in all interactions; ability to work through challenges to achieve results;
- Initiative: takes an entrepreneurial approach to our business, and has a strong bias toward action;
- Curiosity: structures innovative yet realistic and measurable approaches based upon a curiosity and interest in our business, our customers, and their business needs;
- Honesty: transparent in interactions with other employees, prospects, clients, etc. Straightforward in their approach to relationship-building;
- Persuasiveness: Ability to craft and promote a vision; to articulate this clearly in a way that will help to bring our business together and drive results;
- Attitude: positive attitude and willingness and eagerness to grow and contribute to overall team’s success;
- Leadership: proven track record of effective leadership in sales; ability to flourish in a matrix environment.
As an International Sales Manager for ESS EMEA, your key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Strong ability to hunt and self-generate business leads and opportunities;
- Must have strong “closing” skills;
- Meeting and exceeding annual and quarterly targets;
- Identifying and creating new opportunities within the Netherlands incl. specific segments with the region;
- Have a comprehensive understanding of customer needs and our global services and software portfolio;
- Based on this understanding, they will recognize and articulate appropriate approaches to address gaps and enhance and communicate strengths in a way that meets customer needs and differentiates us from the competition;
- Become a key contributor to assist in tailoring the global portfolio to address the needs of the market;
- Be a dynamic leader in order to lead both our customers and others within the organization;
- Collaborate with multiple sales teams in order to execute and orchestrate customer solutions;
- Collaborate and interact with other multi-national marketing and sales teams and departments within Schneider Electric;
- Be prepared to undertake significant national and international travel within a challenging environment.
Essential skills, qualifications:
- 5+ years’ sales experience, with a track record of delivering sales in a consultative environment;
- A completed Bachelor or Master Business/Technical degree (ideally in the specialism of energy);
- Experience in consultative selling and services industry (procurement services and/or energy supply a plus);
- Strong proven track record of being successful in “autonomously” prospecting/hunting;
- Nurturing experience, demonstrating a track record of consistently achieving sales targets in a high pressure environment;
- Fluent in Dutch & English, other languages are an advantage. Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills required;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office environment, CRM systems (salesforce.com or equivalent);
- Personal qualities such as: self-driven, autonomous, influential, reliable, direct, curious and creative;
- Location: Netherlands.
- A growing company with a positive industry reputation;
- Recognized leader in a market where energy services are in demand;
- Entrepreneurial company with a positive corporate culture;
- Strong team culture and respected sales organization;
- Competitive salary of c.€50-€60k DOE + commission. Expected OTE is +€100k;
- Excellent benefits package.
- You will be part of a leading global specialist in energy management who believes in sustainability and taking care for the planet;
- Endless development opportunities through the online learning offer of 10,000+ e-learnings;
- We strongly believe that great people make Schneider Electric a great company;
- We value differences. We offer equal opportunities to everyone, everywhere;
- Well-being creates performance and performance generates well-being (watch our Youtube video for more explanation).
About Schneider Electric
At Schneider, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to do more with less, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment.
We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate with our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
Acquisition on this vacancy will not be appreciated.