Densely packed enclosures can overheat IT equipment and cause downtime. High-density enclosures create an environment where traditional air distribution methods are not effective.
The Air Removal Unit captures exhaust heat, ducting it to the return air plenum and eliminating hot spots. Through automatic fan speed adjustment based on temperature or power consumption, a desired temperature can be set and fans will self-adjust for optimal energy efficiency.
The Rack Air Removal Unit provides fan redundancy in the event of fan failure, and power redundancy through dual corded input. This space saving product mounts to the back of the enclosure - requiring zero U space.
- Fan guards - A safety measure that provides protection from the fan opening by covering the inlet.
- Mounting frame - Allows unit to be installed on the rear of the rack, leaving valuable rack space for other equipment.
- Power/temperature controlled fans - Provides two methods for controlling the amount of heat removal from the rack enclosure.
- Redundant fans - In the event of fan failure, redundant fans will provide increased airflow.
- Communications link - Allows for aggregated status and alarm information through one point. Connects up to eight units together for monitoring and control.
- LED status indicators - Three (3) external status indicator LEDs represent that: utility power is present or the PowerShield is operating on battery; the system is operating as expected and output power is present; and the battery needs to be replaced or has been disconnected.
- Dual A-B power inputs - Draws power from the UPS for power protection with dual feeds for redundancy.