Learn new ways to optimise key electrical assets
The right data view, from anywhereWhen BASF built a new electrical substation, it implemented EcoStruxure Asset Advisor for remote visibility into operations. The largest chemical company in the world now has a consolidated view of data from anywhere, any time, and the expert support needed to respond to critical-asset upkeep.
• BASF sought to be an industry leader in leveraging data-driven services and remote monitoring to maximise plant uptime and productivity.
• A single IIoT-enabled solution was put in place, providing visibility on the health of the site's prime electrical-distribution assets.
Apps, Analytics and Services: EcoStruxure Asset Advisor
Edge Control: Power Monitor Expert
Connected Products: Low- and medium-voltage switchgear, TeSys™ motor control systems, UPS units, DC battery, and variable frequency drives
• Schneider Electric helped to build Substation 6, adding low- and medium-voltage switchgear, motor control systems, UPS units, variable frequency drives and more.
• BASF implemented Asset Advisor to continuously collect and analyse data on the health of these assets and to enable visibility on that data from anywhere.
• Through its partnership with the Schneider Electric Services Bureau, BASF gets customised advice and proactive recommendations to prevent failure and optimise maintenance strategies.
• BASF can now remotely monitor "the pulse" of its new substation assets through their customer dashboard that provides a global health index and specific asset status.
• EcoStruxure Asset Advisor enables more predictable asset performance, helping BASF to prevent catastrophic failures, improve plant safety and increase operational efficiency.
Lee Perry, Electrical Design Engineer for BASF
"EcoStruxure Asset Advisor is helping to prevent catastrophic failures. It's getting the right data at the right time. And in the end, data is value."
Remote monitoring. Connected operations.
EcoStruxure Asset Advisor
EcoStruxure for Oil and Gas
Power Monitoring Expert
Read more customer stories
Find answers now. Search for a solution on your own, or connect with one of our experts.
Reach out to our customer care team to receive more information, technical support, assistance with complaints and more.