Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do we stand for?
When you work for Schneider Electric you work for a company focused on its people. We are proud to promote diversity, inclusion and work-life integration – we’re a great place to work but we are continually striving to be the best place to work!
What is the role?
We are looking for an Application Engineer for our Brossard, Québec Plant. Reporting to the engineering supervisor, the application engineer will work with engineering team on electrical distribution equipment control, metering and protection projects. This is an interesting opportunity for people who doesn’t like routine and are willing to work with many collaborators.
Main responsibilities are:
- Responsible to manage low voltage and/or medium voltage distribution equipment orders
- Perform technical review based on quotation, customer specifications and applicable standards
- Preparation/verification of engineering documentation such as single line diagrams, control schematics, wiring diagram and bill of materials - electrical and mechanical components selection
- Follow the applicable product standards (CSA/UL standards)
- Verify/supervise the designer for assigned projects
- Support the plant during the manufacturing of the equipment
- Participate in various meetings (technical reviews, kick-off, production, etc…)
- Manage time constraints relative to scheduled project deliverables (approval drawings, shop package, etc.
- Participate in design review and improvement committee.
- Technical support to internal and external customers.
You are passionate about innovation? You are an engaged and confident professional willing to work in a world and domain leading company? You are motivated to reach goals, team work oriented and passionate by your work?
Plus, you have the following quality and certifications:
- SC Electrical Engineering, IGEE program is an asset.
- Engineer member of the OIQ.
- Must have experience using AutoCAD, MS Office
- Must be bilingual - English and French.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem resolution skills.
- Experience with low voltage and/or medium voltage distribution equipment design.
- Knowledge of Canadian electrical codes and standard applicable (ANSI/IEEE, CSA, HQ, etc)
- Excellent ability to interpret and create front elevation, one-line, and schematic drawings.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, lucrative group pension plan, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/ca/careers.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.