Data Architect - Intel Data Lake
About the Role
We are looking for a top-notch Data Architect to advise on usage of Intel Data Lake for all our People Data. Today, the data resides in multiple systems in a complex IT landscape and we aim to bring this together in one place to eventually help in reporting, getting key insights and supporting decision making of our leadership. This role will play a pivotal part in this transformation and eventually guide this initiative to success.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Create and document resilient data architectures that are based in a solid data strategy and the context of the organizational strategy. Own the maintenance and update of those architectures.
- Develop enterprise data models that align with security principles, and data quality standards.
- Work with data engineering/implementation resources to move architectural designs into working systems.
- Maintain relationships with all key stakeholders to understand data needs to allow for deeper understanding of use cases, difficult conversations, and values of the stakeholders.
- Work closely with data stewards, data governance and developers to create and maintain data dictionary and data lineage.
- Take ownership of enterprise data quality and ambiguous data definitions.
- Provide recommendations to proactively ensure data quality. Work with data engineering/implementation resource to put these into practice.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of trends in data analytics technologies and standards. Apply knowledge gained to organizational problems. Determine and recommend appropriate technologies to be used broadly in the enterprise for data analytics.
- Serve as a primary thought leader in people analytics for the organization.
- Proactively recommend data governance processes and how to implement them to leadership to maintain data quality.
- Translate business needs for analytics into terms that can be digested by technical resources for implementation.
- Take charge of migrating data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
- Optimize new and current database systems
- Provide operational support and guidance as required
Experience and Qualifications
- B.E. in Computer Science or related field
- Proven work experience (10+ years) as a Data Architect, or similar role
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Business and analytical intelligence (data preparation, columnar database and visualization)
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Deep knowledge on data warehousing design principles
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Exposure to AWS PaaS management
- Data governance knowledge. Exposure to market solutions related to Governance (e.g. Collibra)
- Ability to extract business metrics/questions from data sets.
- Ability to turn vague concepts and asks into well-documented and effective business metrics and insights.
- Expertise in:
- Amazon S3
- AWS Ecosystem: API Gateway, Lambda, Kinesis
- SQL Engines for Big Data (e.g. Presto)
- Experience with large scale data analysis frameworks (e.g. Spark, Hadoop/MapReduce).
- Problem-solving attitude
- Experience in Agile Practices would be preferred