Director, Technical Support & Product Quality
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Schneider Electric has a challenging opportunity for a passionate individual to assume the role of ‘Director, Customer Satisfaction, Quality, Support & Training’ for our Digital Buildings Line if Business in our Andover, MA, United States or our Montreal, Canada location.
Commercial Buildings consume 33% of world’s energy consumption & it’s where people spend most of indoor time. Buildings need a brain to intelligently manage & control many sub-systems and thousands of connected data points to help Building owners create a productive and comfortable environment for its occupants, reduce energy consumption and run building operations efficiently. The Buildings Business of Schneider Electric provides intelligent building management systems through its EcoStruxure Building portfolio of solutions.
We are looking for a talented Director who shares our passion for quality, continuous improvement of our offers and leveraging digital technologies to offer an exceptional experience to our customers and partners.
As the Director, Customer Satisfaction, Quality, Support & Training, you will play a key role by ensuring the quality of our offers and processes, improving continuously our customer experience, bringing the voice of customer to the forefront of our business and leveraging new technologies to deliver best-in-class training and technical support. As part of your key missions, you will be leading a global team and be responsible for their performance, development and training to ensure they have the critical skills necessary to support the digitization of our business. You will report to the Senior Vice-President, Digital Buildings LoB and be part of the Digital Buildings Line of Business leadership team.
1 Offer Quality: Ensure that Offer quality is built-in to guarantee the Satisfaction of future customers:
- Ensure that the VoC is well collected and analyzed in order to provide robust and ranked customer requirements to the project team
- Define Offer Quality Goals
- Establish the Project Quality Plan (inside the Project Management Plan), get its validation, and lead its execution
- Support & coach the team on the methods and quality tools needed to reach Robustness, Customer satisfaction and Quality targets
- Ensure that all customer requirements are taken in account from Open to Close and provide all means to secure them during PEP
2 Project Quality: Guarantees the best application of Offer Creation Processes (OTM, PMP, ELLA, PEP) and collaborative and functional processes (ex: SSQM):
- Assist the Project Manager on animation and decision making
- Ensure that the processes are understood and well applied by the team
- Define the project quality goals working with Agile methodology
- With the Project Manager, prepare the stage gates review and ensure that the Stage gate management tool is well used
- Make the synthesis on lessons learned
3 Customer Satisfaction and Complaints
- Work with the central CS&Q function to ensure that actions are in place to increase our Cus Sat level through the CNPS survey
- Take full responsibility for all customer complaints investigating root cause & prompt resolution of customer return and complaints using the I2P processes including Safety (CSI/CSA) and Business Risk (BRE/CMI)
- Ensure that risk assessments of quality issues in the field are completed effectively
Participate in Customer visits to obtain the true VoC
4 Evolution of existing offer
- Drive the evolution of existing offer utilizing the product evolution process (PEP)
Ensure that quality processes are in place & respected when making changes to any product in the offer.
- Build and coach a team of OQL and PQLs
Be a customer advocate and an active part of the BM leadership team
- Participate proactively to experience and share best practices through internal communities & external customer feedback sessions.
Be fully connected with the central CS&Q team and use them for support when necessary
Quality Systems and Processes
- Take full ownership of ISO 9000
- Ensure full implementation of I2P for customer complaints
Understand the Schneider Supplier Quality System (SSQM)
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong Customer Satisfaction experience with a proven track record of deploying relevant quality processes in new offer development projects
- Experience in Building Automation is a plus
- Agile? Field experience/Support experience?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Highly customer centric mindset, capacity to lead and influence to continuously improve the customer experience
- Exceptional root-cause analysis skills and the ability to make informed & fast decisions
- Proven leadership, ability to manage, grow and develop a global team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- English mandatory as working language
- Entrepreneurial, collaborative and open to travel as needed (~25% travel required, domestic and international)
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.