Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for an Office Manager in our Costa Mesa, California location.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees/supports the operation of various functional areas that may include: Administrative support, accounting, payroll, office facilities personnel, Sales and Operations Team members, Warehouse shipping and receiving
- Performs administrative duties as needed
- Establishes and maintains a variety of files and records
- Attends staff meetings and management offsite meetings
- Attends project reviews led by the Project Managers. Creates process improvement for tracking action items.
- Responsible for Branch Safety and tracking as well as enforcing Safety Audits
- Responsible for oversight of customer project process for the branch
- Financial assistance with reporting of branch KPI's
- Financial support operations such as billings, subcontracts, subcontractor invoices, collections, etc.
- Provide customer service for external customers
- Provide sales support, as directed by the sales representatives
- Works with the Operations Manager to create and manage training curriculum.
- Coordinate office functions with other departments and divisions
- Coordinates new hire orientation and employee setup
- Assists in employee onboarding and offboarding
- Performs contract review for management approval
- Works with Branch Manager to develop annual budgets
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum five years’ relevant construction industry experience required
- Work in busy environment supporting multiple roles
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Minimum of 5 years construction industry experience in similar role
- Understanding of California Construction Law
- Understanding of California Labor Law
- Experience with Certified Payroll
- Understanding of OCIP/CCIP
- Strong time management/prioritization and the ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong team player with the ability to work well with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer satisfaction
- Excellent working knowledge of general accounting principles
- Must be able to manage confidential information
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.