Quality Engineer (Recent Graduate Start Spring 2021)
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Recent Graduate as a Quality Engineer in our Columbia, Missouri location. You will play a key role in supporting Manufacturing operations while gaining key skills in problem solving, various engineering tools as well as exposure to an internationally known company.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Quality Engineering role support Columbia Manufacturing operations
- Lead problem solving regarding internal and external customer concerns utilizing tools including 8D, Kaizen, Six Sigma,. All driving to understand Root Cause - implementing corrective and preventative actions and driving continuous improvement.
- Leads review, development, and implementation of PFMEA, process control plans and poka-yoke opportunities.
- Leads, via Schneider Performance System methodologies, continuous process improvement impacting customer returns, scrap, and first-time throughput
- Support Short Interval Management serving as a key team member, demonstrating leadership, responsiveness, excellent communication skills, and ability to team with others solving issues and implementing improvement
- Interfaces with external customer regarding product concerns, responsible for investigations, customer follow-up, and ultimate customer satisfaction!
- Interfaces heavily with Technical Antennas, manufacturing hourly and salaried support personnel, and external corporate engineering, quality, and supplier quality resources.
- Supports new product introductions, supplier development activities relating to Missouri components, and is a key contributor to those overall successes.
- Benchmark with other Schneider entities, align, and deploy projects to utilize digital technology in the process robustness.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Electronic)
- Experience with manufacturing quality, manufacturing engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with 8D problem solving methodology, tool utilization (i.e. 5Why, fishbone (cause and effect), etc.)
- Six Sigma knowledge, experience, certification highly desired
- Demonstrated analytical skills with data, problem resolution, project management
- Excellent skills in leadership, communication both verbal and written, and attention to detail
- Excellent computer and system skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.
- Strong desire to work with people, on the manufacturing floor and with customer interface, excellent follow-up and execution skills
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.