Smart Grid Subject Matter Expert
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Schneider Electric Smart Grid Solutions, LLC is a leading and highly-recognized software and IT solution provider of real-time management of smart infrastructures.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
We have the following position available in Houston, Texas:
Smart Grid Subject Matter Expert:
What do you get to do in this position?
- Support ADMS opportunities at new and existing customers.
- Work closely with the clients and industry consultants to gain a thorough understanding of the clients’ needs for electric distribution network and outage management.
- Work closely with the Smart Grid Solution Architects to provide competitive solutions designed to meet the clients’ needs for electric distribution network and outage management.
- Provide direct sales and technical support for strategic opportunities.
- Serve as customer liaison for all technical and software engagements (Benchmarks, Demonstrations, Pre & Post Proposals).
- Perform demonstrations and assist in the building of demonstration materials.
- Provide a leadership role with a focus on Smart Grid IT business development.
- Report to Divisional Management to monitor market changes and marketplace needs, competitor's products, and technology changes in order to provide expert advice on how to adjust strategic directions as necessary. Work closely with the Director of Smart Grid IT Solutions to maintain high level of accuracy in sales forecast database.
- Work closely with the Smart Grid IT Product Development Group to provide feedback for enhancements and improvements.
- Work closely with the Proposal Support Group to provide the winning proposal strategy and assist in the preparation of key proposals.
- Work closely with the Smart Grid Solution Architects to create competitive offerings, solutions and develop ways to effectively present them.
- Work closely with the Smart Grid Delivery group as a billable expert in specific areas to support the project deliverables.
- 50% travel throughout U.S. and Canada to meet company goals and objectives for sales.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Power System Engineering or related field and 9 years of work experience as a Tender and/or Project Manager role utilizing ADMS product.
Must have experience with:
(1) Executed at least one ADMS project in a deployment role on site;
(2) Executed at least 2 ADMS projects in Project Manager role;
(3) Preparing tender proposals including ADMS; and
(4) ADMS product architecture and functionality.
This position is covered by our company’s Employee Referral Program. Any applicant who is interested in this position or who was referred to this position may apply by submitting a complete resume in English through this site. https://www.se.com/us/sites/us/en/company/careers/jobs-with-us/jobs-with-us.page req. #006LDH. EOE
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k) + match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.