Whats new in the 2016 edition?
Updated content on "Energy Efficiency in electrical distribution": updates on energy efficiency standards and regulations, new contents related to IEC60364-8-1, Smart Panels and more
New chapter on "Measurement": an introduction to the different applications of measurement (energy efficiency, energy usage analysis, billing, cost allocation, power quality and more)
Revision of the chapter “Overvoltage protection”according to the IEC60364 part 4-44 evolution published in 2015
A practical guideThe Electrical Installation Guide is written for electrical professionals who must design, install, inspect, and maintain low-voltage electrical installations in compliance with the standards published by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC).
"Which technical solution will guarantee that all relevant safety rules are met?” Answering this question has always been integral to the creation of this document.
It’s written by Schneider Electric's most talented electrical distribution experts who share their industry-leading knowledge about new and updated electrical installation standards and technological evolutions.
The Electrical Installation Guide is also available in a Wiki format to let any and all experts contribute to its elaboration
- General rules of electrical installation design
- Connection to the MV utility distribution network
- Connection to the LV utility distribution network
- MV and LV architecture selection guide for buildings
- LV distribution
- Protection against electric shocks and electric fires
- Sizing and protection of conductors
- LV switchgear: functions and selection
- Overvoltage protection
- Energy efficiency in electrical distribution
- Power factor correction
- Power harmonics management
- Characteristics of particular sources and loads
- PhotoVoltaic (PV) installation
- Residential and other special locations
- ElectroMagnetic Compatibility (EMC)