Field Service Technician - Cooling, Vic
At Schneider Electric, we believe access to energy is a basic right. We empower all to make the most of their energy and resources, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment. We provide energy, automation and digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate about our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values. Our Field Service business provides 24/7 servicing for; mining, hospitals, utilities, data centres and just about everything in-between. The portfolio covers all of our verticals including drives, automation, LV/MV switchgear, transformers, UPS’s, computer room air-conditioning and chillers. We enable owners, end-users and custodians to minimise breakdowns, increase reliability, efficiency and safety while reducing costs and simplifying operations.
Specific day to day activities of this role will include but not be limed to:
- Completing preventative and corrective/unscheduled maintenance, inspection of project installations prior to commissioning and subsequent commissioning activities
- Attending service callouts timely and effective completion of repairs and resolution of issues
- Providing technical information and assistance on the range of Schneider Electric cooling equipment internally and externally
- Reporting for site visits including; replacements, defective parts and equipment repairs
- Building strong relationships with customers and service partners
- Complying with safety policies, practices and procedures
We believe instrumental to success will be the following;
- A refrigeration licence is essential as is solid cooling plant & equipment knowledge
- Highly developed knowledge of HVAC systems, controllers and test/measurement equipment
- Detailed knowledge of electrical and mechanical codes as well as mechanical and refrigeration principles
- Excellent customer service skills, complemented by well-developed communication skills
- Willing and able to commit to a 24/7 rotating on-call roster
- An A Grade Electrical license would be advantageous
- Current unrestricted Victorian driver’s license is essential
You are highly driven and confident, work well autonomously and as a valued team member; you prioritise your work and follow through to completion. Achieving results motivates you. With excellent communication skills, you build great relationships with key stakeholders at various levels in this customer-facing role.
At Schneider Electric we put customers first, embrace different and act like owners. Our leaders are tasked with shaping our future, building the best teams and to use their judgement to deliver results. We’re a great place to work but we are continually striving to be the best place to work, join us and see how!
All applicants must have working rights in Australia at the time of application and will be required to provide documented evidence if selected for interview.
Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. If any candidates are submitted in an unsolicited manner, we will consider this as a direct candidate application to Schneider Electric and no fee will be payable.