Offer Marketing Specialist - Home & Distribution
The H&D Offer Marketing Specialist reports directly to the H&D Marketing Director.
Responsible for managing the following Retail / Final Distribution offers: Wiser Energy for Connected Homes, Surge Protection Devices for Residential and Buildings, Panelboards for Commercial and Industrial Buildings, multi9 range for OEMs.
This position is accountable for managing these offers over its Life Cycle from identifying and prioritizing product and customer specifications to successful execution in the market. The position develops the Offer Roadmap specific to the portfolio. This role works closely with manufacturing, engineering, marcom, sales and quality to continually improve the offer (price, competitive features and promotion) to reach the company’s overall strategy and goals, grow and balance sales, profit and market share and ensuring customer satisfaction is met.
Primary Role & Responsibilities
The Offer Marketing Specialist is accountable to:
- Strategic Marketing - manage the execution of the current product offer portfolio and define the future product strategy and roadmap through research and analysis.
- Market intelligence – visit customers, sales and distributors to solicit feedback and review competitive data to define market and product requirement documents and provide corresponding justification to define future Offer Roadmap investment.
- Product positioning - be an expert for the assigned products with respect to customer use and competition to create messages to differentiate your products in the market.
- Price positioning - gather intelligence and recommend price positioning strategies.
- Enable sales - manage offer information from creation to distribution to ensure sales, distributors and customers are provided access to relevant information and systems and tools such as product technical/data/drawing literature, desktop and e-mobility quotation and e-commerce tools.
- Demand generation – develop and drive the marketing communications calendar of events for the portfolio and work with marcom to drive demand for your products via promotions, advertising and campaigns.
- Meet or exceed order, sales and margin targets for the portfolio.
- Act as a leader within the company.
- Effectively communicate customer-use case examples to product development teams.
- Provide market forecast to support supply chain and logistics.
- Manage issues associated with product quality to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Support Codes and Standards development and/or propose the product adaptation to comply with local codes, standards and norms.
- Provide product training to Channel, Sales, MarCom, Competency Centers, PAEs, Customer Care, Technical Support and Customers.
- Liaise with global counterparts on product development and marketing programs.
- Support contractor portal registration and acquisition activities.
- Prioritizes supply in the event of product shortages.
- Improve marketing effectiveness by focusing on process continuous improvement.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
- 5+ years of business to business marketing, sales or quotation experience.
- Bachelor in business, marketing, or electrical engineering.
- Excellent capacity to listen.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with strong interpersonal negotiation and influencing skills.
- Good knowledge of wholesale distribution channels and construction industry.
- Good understanding of Marketing Fundamentals (Value Proposition, Price Management, Product Positioning, Promotion and Market Segmentation).
- Good understanding of digital and social media tools.
- Willing and able to travel within Canada and the USA up to 25%. (Once travelling is permitted)
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), French beneficial.
- Autonomous, entrepreneurial & team spirited.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.