Schneider Graduate - Energy Performance Specialist (Start Spring/Summer 2021)
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for an Energy Performance Specialist in our Carrollton, TX location.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
This role is intended to provide technical analysis of energy and automation systems in the Energy Bureau. The Energy Performance Specialist (EPS) will be responsible for delivering contractual monitoring reports, creating and executing measurement and verification plans, performing custom data analysis for a variety of time-series sets of data, including interval utility data, building automation system trend data, and other logged data series. This role will also be responsible for identifying trends in system behavior and evaluating performance over time.
What do you get to do in this position?
· Perform custom data analysis for a variety of time-series sets of data, including interval utility data, building automation system trend data, and other logged data series.
· Create reports summarizing performance targeted to internal project teams and customers.
· Execute defined measurement and verification (M&V) strategies.
· Use building energy models to estimate impact of operational changes.
· Evaluate project risk and communicate that risk to project team and leaders.
· Prioritize opportunities for improvement within a project and across a portfolio.
· Perform remote analysis of building automation system operation.
· Proactively tune building systems for optimal performance.
· Develop building automation system review plans for new projects.
· Respond to high priority alarms by notifying end user.
· Address lower priority alarms and eliminate nuisance alarms.
· Periodically evaluate performance of systems for improvement opportunities.
· Evaluate project performance relative to defined goals.
· Provide feedback to internal energy and automation teams to facilitate first time quality
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
· Four-year degree in engineering or related field or two year technical degree with equivalent related work experience
· Understanding of building systems, building management systems, and energy use preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to, the ability to influence and persuade internal and external Customers, listen effectively, and solicit input from others.
· Advanced ability to use Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Excellent organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently, and the ability to manage resource procurement and utilization.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.