Senior Technical Leader - System intergration & Telecom
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
What will you do?
As Customer Project team member, and as a leader in the Technical field, act as single point of contact for all technical topics, manage technical project team and master technical risks during either tender or execution phase, or both.
Manage all technical aspects of a complex solution (architecture, systems...): design, integration, testing, FAT, installation, commissioning, warranty...
During tender phase, establish customer needs (expressed or not) and seek for alternative/aggressive or low-cost technical solution. Liaise with Architects or Experts in order to optimize & secure the overall design of the customized solution. Optimize and strongly challenge different contributors and quotation centers to be more competitive in the bid. Propose the best split of scope between stakeholders.
During execution phase, define and implement the adequate solution to fulfil customer requirements - with the just “enough spirit” - in terms of technical performance, quality, costs and time; in compliance with the contract, and based on architecture & Technical specifications defined during Tendering process. Make sure project technical team delivers on time and respects project planning. Monitor costs, make sure technical budget is under control. Lead the technical coordination of all project’s stakeholders: Customers, other Schneider Electric entities, third parties, contractors...
Assist Execution Center management in elaborating alternative/future solutions and resolving key technical issues.
Who will you report to?
Within the System Integration & Telecom Engineering organization growing & leveraging profitable solutions & services you will join a position of senior Technical Leader in the field of Energy Automation for Datacenters, O&G and Microgrids.
This position reports to Global Customer Project Operations, responsible for developing and securing complex technical international projects.
Position aims to grow the Datacenter, O&G and Microgrid Electrical Automation Project execution team in charge of conducting and executing projects for our major customers.
The senior Technical Leader will be part of an international team dedicated automation systems integration & telecom projects.
What qualifications will make you successful?
- at least 3 years leading technical projects or 5 years as Solution Application Engineer for large and international Customer projects
- Fluent in English (written & spoken)
- at least 5 years in a technical field of expertise (Electrical Distribution, Energy Automation)
- Telecommunication and Networks technical skills at design level
- Past technical experience in a specific segment or customers' application is a plus (customer process, usage, …)
- Proven ability to lead with agility functional and remote technical team having
- different fields of expertise
- Able to communicate in concise and synthetic manner complex technical issues/topics
- Able to take decisions in complex context based on imperfect/missing conditions
- Ability to understand and produce engineering documentation
- Self-organized and goal-oriented person
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work within deadlines
- Ability to work and collaborate in team environment
- Ability to explain design ideas and plans clearly
- Ability to speak and write in Spanish and English fluently
- Able to travel 40% of the time internationally
What's in it for me?
- Permanent contract
- Competitive salary according to the experience
- Training plan and access to our training platform where you can develop your professional and personal skills
- “SEvoluciona” policies: work-life balance, flexitime
- Flexible compensation plan: restaurant tickets, health and life insurance, etc.
- Career path opportunities within a multinational company