Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
This position is responsible for the effective utilization of materials, equipment and systems in the assembly of moderately complex to very complex products and/or electrical wiring. Performs electrical wiring assembly on medium to large sized parts or panels. Performs final assembly of wiring and panels to Switchboard unit.
RESPONSIBILITY (Equipment or Process, Material or Product, Safety of Others, Work of Others)
- Read and understand moderately complex to very complex blueprints, wiring diagrams, bill of materials, and schematics.
- Assembles very small to very large sized parts and performs wiring assembly.
- Utilizes a wide variety of hand tools, air tools, and measuring equipment.
- When discrepancies occur between bill of materials and drawings, utilizes independent judgement to determine course of action.
- Performs entire wiring assembly operation of one job (from pre-arranged kit) from start to finish.
- Responsible for own quality check.
- Utilizes computer system for clocking start and finish of job.
- Responsible for own product quality, proper measuring techniques, and tool use and care.
- Quarantines non-conforming product according to standards and determines the disposition of the product in question.
- Evaluates and performs basic to moderately complex troubleshooting, and obtains support from supervision, and engineering as needed.
- May periodically provide input to supervision, engineering, and quality groups relative to product improvement.
- Establishes and maintains a safe and healthful working environment in accordance with OSHA requirements.
- Performs other tasks as may be requested to assure the effective and continuous utilization of assets.
JOB CONDITIONS (Working Conditions, Hazards)
- Safety shoes and safety glasses are required.
- Work is performed in an Assembly line environment in a manufacturing plant.
- Noise level is within normal and acceptable standards for environment.
- Proper use of various hand tools and cutting tools required.
- Requires ability to reach overhead, pull, push, and climb a ladder to perform work.
We know skills and competencies show up in and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- Must be able to take and successfully pass the appropriate Work Keys assessment.
- Ability to read complex blueprints and work independently.
- Good understanding of electrical principles and UL requirements helpful.
- Expertise with basic hand tools, air tools, gages and torque wrenches.
- 3-5 years previous Assembly experience required.
EFFORT (Physical Demand, Mental or Visual Demand)
- Must have excellent natural or corrected vision.
- Ability to lift up to 26 pounds.
- Job cannot be performed alternating sitting and standing.
- Ability to perform continuous repetitive motions with hands and arms.
- Uses a great deal of independent judgement and initiative to evaluate, troubleshoot and resolve assembly problems.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled. Candidates considered within a 50 mile radius.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against disability.