Automation Sales Executive
The End User Automation Sales Executive is responsible for the establishment and maintenance of the sales relationship with each End User customer/prospect in their portfolio at every level from the (CxO) executive suite to departmental line managers. He/She drives new business through the identification, development, negotiation, and closure of new agreements with prospects and customers, and participates in the subsequent maintenance of customer relationships. Targets potential leads, qualifies them, and leads the pursuit team in crafting and positioning the deal.
In this role, Sales Executive drives indirect End User automation sales through better management of ecosystem (System Integrators, Process OEM, Automation Distributors, Consulting Engineers, EPCs….), and Digital Services and Software as differentiators. To this end, he/She leverages his/her industry and financial business knowledge to create demand and persuade through the development and presentation of compelling purchasing rationales. Product, Services and Solution will encompass all Schneider Electric EcoStruxure Plant offerings and range in scale from product sales to complex, multi-service, and multi-year partnerships. Specific new sales/revenue and profit margin targets are established annually by management.
Other key responsibilities include:
- New business development via prospecting, qualifying, selling, and closing
- Managing customer relationship through all phases of the sales cycle
- Ensuring smooth transition of new business from sales to delivery by System Integrators Partners
- Coaching and mentoring partner’s delivery leaders on customer relationship management issues
- Providing feedback on customer wants and needs to the Schneider Electric strategic portfolio function
- Ensuring compliance with Schneider Electric sales processes and new business approval requirements
- Coordinating the relationship between key customer personnel and Schneider Electric senior executives
- Leading or coordinating global relationship management initiatives with other geographic units of Schneider Electric focused on the same customer.
The Sales Executive also shares industry, deal, and sales best-practice knowledge with the Schneider Electric sales community and may mentor and coach other Sales Executives.
Job Essential Functions
Automation Sales Executives are responsible for managing the entire sales process from identifying prospects, influencing the specification to negotiating contracts. Other job essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create and maintain territory sales plan
- Drive growth through collaboration with SE Automation distributors
- Identify prospects and create entry strategies for each
- Identify System Integrator partners with expertise in different segments/applications, who can deliver the solution to End User Customers.
- Utilize business and financial knowledge to create value propositions
- Execute competitive sales tactics to win business
- Coordinate deal crafting and positioning
- Lead or participate in contract negotiations
- Manage demand and qualify opportunities
Undergraduate degree, preferably in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Economics. An MBA, graduate degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics or Engineering or professional qualifications in Law or Finance are considered a major plus.
• 5 + years of complex, solution selling sales experience in manufacturing facilities (e.g. Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) including Food & Beverage/ Life Sciences / Personal Care, Water /Waste Water, Metals Mining & Minerals).
• Strong technical knowledge: Automation Systems and Solutions, PLC, PAC, Automation Controllers, CONTROLS, Drives, HMI, SCADA, MES, iIoT solutions, Connected Devices
• Experience in Solution Selling, Outcome Based Selling, Customer-Centric Selling
• Knowledgeable of Business Solutions and Manufacturing Applications, Smart Factories
• Ability to establish CXO level relationships
• Track record of meeting/exceeding yearly quota
• Experience in business transformation solutions
• Capability to understand MES and Control Architecture Systems, the value they bring to the industry and prospects
You are a true team player who:
- Emphasizes success within your team and accept responsibility when you make mistakes
- Acknowledges what is real and shows appreciation for others
- Demonstrates self-motivation and always looking for the next step and desire change and challenged from the daily routine
- Shows good judgement, self & interpersonal awareness, and understands your own strengths and weaknesses