Business Development Specialist - Power Consulting
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Prefer candidates that currently reside in the following locations: Baltimore, Philadelphia, Boston, Washington DC (Metro)
The Power Consulting Specialist is responsible for driving growth in the engineering consulting business regionally in the United States. The position will have primary responsibility for enabling the various sales organizations within Schneider Electric and to strategically identifying opportunities for business expansion. This position has a high level of influence in the sales process within a matrix organization and does not have direct reports.
- Understand the key enablers of growth in the region (key customers, offers and technologies) and drive the growth of the power system engineering consulting business.
- Contribute to the diversification of the consulting business by promoting the full offer portfolio including power system design and protection control automation solutions.
- Manage sales engagement regionally. Understand the various sales organizations within Schneider Electric and the available internal and external channels. Develop synergies with these organizations and foster cooperation.
- Increase the recognition of power system consulting with internal and external customers. Effectively communicate the consulting offer and value proposition, and respond to the voice of the customer.
- In cooperation with the Marketing and Offer Management, develop offer and pricing strategies for the region.
- Provide input on the development of proposals on large or strategic projects.
- Develop technical sales presentations for the region. Present technical subject matter (engineering studies, design, automation… etc.) in seminar and webinar format.
- Manage the contract document review process for the region.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to work well with all levels in an organization
- Excellent situational awareness, social intelligence, listening, problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external clients and stakeholders
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Self-motivated, quick and assertive
- Collaborative and influential communication style
- ESTIMATED TRAVEL: 30-50% frequent travel
We know skills and competencies show up in and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if you have:
- 5+ years of business development experience in electrical power engineering services
- BS or MS in a technical discipline or relevant business experience
- Knowledge of electrical power distribution system analysis (Arc Flash, Time Current Coordination, Short Circuit, Load Flow, Harmonic Analysis…etc.)
- Knowledge of power distribution and switchgear automation design and EPC delivery model in hospitals, data centers, and industrial, water treatment and oil & gas plants
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against disability.