- Handle industrial design projects from / within North America Schneider Electric entities under the responsibility of the Director.
- Carry the design projects which have been confided to the design lab (concept, project, mock-up) under the responsibility of the Director.
- Organize and accompany the projects confided to external design agencies (conception, functional and aesthetic mock-ups) under the responsibility of the Director.
- Organize and oversee constructive communication between R&D, marketing, and the external agencies.
- Understand, advocate and respect the rules of our brand design.
- Diffuse and survey the respect of the design charters.
- Bring creativity to the project team with the support of our design charters and Director.
- Participate weekly at the design project review, presenting the key projects of the design lab North America.
- Maintain contact and work with the other design labs within the group.
The future industrial designer is able to:
- Create innovative concept relevant to their users and their contexts
- Express ideas clearly and build on the ideas of others.
- Inspire, provide vision through work and approach within the community of people from many disciplines (interaction design, engineering, marketing and business)
- Translate user needs, technical realities, brand attributes and business needs into compelling products that embody a positive experience.
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate deliverables and schedules.
- Build and maintain relationships with projects teams.
- Demonstrate excellent visualization skills.
- Express a unique point of view on the design brand strategy.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and empathy for the manufacturing process.
- Understand product development cycle.
- Handle the technical connection between visual and functional design elements.
- Hand-on model making experience
- 3D CAD Skills (Rhinoceros and Keyshot)
Demonstrate an energetic, curious and Charismatic personality that infects others with passion for design.
The ideal candidate has 3 to 5 years of experience within a design team, either in a company or agency, having integrated design in the strategy of product conception.
He/she must be capable to handle project for product, and graphic design.
He/she must possess a strong artistic and technical culture enabling the creation of brand design defined by our design charters.
Graduate from an Industrial design school.