Operations Manager - South West
Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On.
Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency.
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
We are the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our team in the South West region as an Operations Manager.
In this role the successful candidate will join our Project Business to lead the Project Managers as well as manage the Engineering and Commissioning resource in the regional organisation.
This is an exciting role where you will have the opportunity to look after a sizable customer portfolio and be responsible for its financial performance. You will need to keep a strong focus on excellent customer satisfaction and by working alongside our sales team in building account relationships ensuring all projects are delivered in line with our quality standards and health & safety requirements.
You will also have the opportunity to become an active member of the National Projects Business community, sharing and driving best practices, margin deviation improvement initiatives and provide active mentoring and development opportunities for our Project Management Community.
- Drive and track the required monthly tasks and Project reoccurring tasks to ensure our employees are always working in the safest environment, with the correct tools and the required training levels when carrying out their work
- Be aware of Schneider’s Health and Safety initiatives and be responsible for site audits and HSE requirements
- Work closely with the Sales Leaders and Sales Team to ensure we secure the required order intake per month
- Drive the forecasted regional projects revenue target, while also collaborating with the engineering team to ensure enhanced general margin percentage
- Listen to Our Customers to understand what they require and expect, and ensure Our Team delivers to or beyond the customer’s expectation to guarantee we achieve at the very least our C-Sat targets
- Drive the required level of internal quality management systems (QMS) requirements always be prepared for both internal and external audits to ensure we maintain our ISO Standards. Close out any non-conformance in the correct timelines
- Use monthly or yearly forecasts to plan and forecast labour recovery which will not only maintain or enhance delivered GM%, but allow to plan for expansion and team development
- Form a partnership with Engineering Managers to ensure we have adoption of new tools and best practices, and plan Team Development Goals to suit business targets and help maintain Reported GM%
- Using all of the tools and documentation you have available to ensure we reduce the percentage of our Overdue Debt to the lowest level possible which in turn will help maintain or limit the Business C-R to a level which allows local decision to be made regarding individual projects
- Always think about your legacy and ensure you have development plans and succession plans in place to allow for quick transferring of roles and responsibilities. Retain or recruit the best to ensure we maintain the Market Leader position
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject or equivalent technical or management experience required
- 5-7 years’ experience in a team leadership role is necessary
- Demonstrable knowledge of projects field operations and financial processes
- Fluent in English (written and verbal). Other languages beneficial
- Good knowledge of the BMS Industry or industries closely related to BMS
- Be able to build good customer relationships and a strong collaboration while also maintaining a good understanding of the customers’ problems and technology
- Good analytical and technical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as negotiation and influencing skills in a multicultural environment
Our offer to you:
- You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and attractive development opportunities
- Flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life
- Optimal support on your career path through regular training opportunities
- A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working with a global energised team
- A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
- An attractive compensation package including the comprehensive fringe benefits expected of an international company
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.