The CONNECT radio system not only provides the most reliable connections but also ensures simple installation and function checking. With the new CONNECT radio central unit it shows its best side – and connects numerous new functions of the “radio world” and the “IP world” in a single control unit.
ATTRIBUTES OF CONNECT RADIO CENTRAL UNIT
- High-resolution, backlit TFT colour display (number of colours: 16-bit/64,000, brightness: 400 cd/m2)
- Wide reading angle (60°– 80°)
- Very straightforward operation via dial ring (clickwheel) with four cursor keys and the enter key
- Favourite key (request menu)
- Home key calls up the menu structure directly
- Eight freely programmable pushbuttons for direct control of functions
- Individually confi gurable labelling field
- Real-time clock
- Ethernet connection
- Integrated radio antenna
- Controlling the lighting
- Controlling roller shutters
- Controlling the room temperature
- Activating scenes
- Controlling individual and group functions via Schneider-electric@home or via the eight operator buttons of the CONNECT radio central unit
- Interface for the Microsoft Multimedia Center edition
- Multimedia activation via streaming clients (e.g. Squeezebox) as well as volume control and playlists
- Display of current news thanks to RSS newsfeed
- Signalling e-mail arrivals
- Presentation of images in the form of a slideshow
- Digital clock as screensaver
- Recording history data and forwarding by e-mail (e.g. if the lighting is switched on while the homeowner is on holiday, he immediately receives a warning e-mail)
- and much more
You can access many functions even when you aren’t home. The CONNECT radio central unit has an additional Ethernet connection and is controlled via Schneider-electric@home. That way you can use the radio central unit to control building functions remotely even when you’re away.
FeaturesThe CONNECT radio system is a bi-directional radio network. All devices can transmit and receive signals simultaneously. Thus it is possible for signals to be routed or for alternative radio transmission paths to be searched for (e.g. during temporary faults).
There are two configuration methods:
The EASY CONNECT method for connecting up to five devices located close together (e.g. in one room). Configuration is carried out manually or using the CONNECT radio configurator for systems between different rooms with up to 100 devices and extensive functions (scenes, switch times or individual key assignment).
Secure transmission using the 868 MHz frequency range; meshed network technology using Z-Wave™ standard;
clear addressing to enable interference-free operation of multiple radio systems side by side; very flexible installation and configuration; no cable routing required, due to the use of battery-powered transmitters; standard battery (CR 2450N) used inside the battery-powered transmitters, extension of existing installations within the mentioned WD ranges; implementation of groups and scene controlling options.
The extensive product spectrum covers all areas of application such as lighting control, roller shutter control and scenes.
Simple learning for freely programmable functions; extremely flat battery-powered push-buttons e.g. for attaching to glass;
indoor transmission range: around 30 m (depending on place of installation and building characteristics such as materials and wall thickness); range in free field: approx. 100 m.
CONNECT radio system:
Simple and intelligent – for the safest connections!
BenefitsCONNECT is a professional range of wireless products designed for use in the residential and small buildings environments.
CONNECT offers all sorts of flexibility with respect to installation and design. Most radio components are compatible to the main Merten System M switch design ranges.
- Controlling lighting
- Controlling roller shutters
- Controlling individual and group functions
- No damage to walls – existing wires can be reused and battery powered products will be added.
- Time saving – No cable routing required, due to the use of battery-powered transmitters.