OPC Factory Server : PresentationBased on the OLE for Process Control (OPC) standard, Schneider Electric''s OPC Factory Server (OFS) software allows "client" software applications, such as supervisors/SCADA and customized interfaces, to access the data of Schneider Electric automation system and electrical distribution devices connected to networks or fi eldbuses in real time.
It also allows communication with third-party devices supporting Modbus and Modbus/TCP protocols.
The OFS data server integrates the most recent specifications of the OPC Foundation :
- A purely local mode
- Remote access from an OPC-DA client
- Remote access from an OPC .NET client
- Remote access from an OPC XML-DA client
FeaturesProduction data in real-time
- OPC is essential for client applications that need real-time access to production data.
- The most diverse applications, ranging from SCADA, MES, ERP to Excel under Windows, can be easily integrated in your automation architectures.
- OPC Custom is the interface for specialists and developers. C++ programming provides direct access to the OPC server and real-time performance.
- OPC Automation is the ideal interface for those who want to design an application keeping development time and technical knowledge to a minimum.
The link between your PLCs and software
Based on the OPC protocol, OFS (OPC Factory Server) software enables Windows client applications to access Modicon PLC data in real time.
Communication between your software applications and your hardware becomes simple and clear. Access to key information, open interface, transparent architecture and interoperability are just some of the advantages providing a real communication solution at the heart of your process.
- Complex and special machines
- Manufacturing processes
- Batch and continuous process.