Server general informationThe ClearSCADA server performs all of the SCADA functions with exception of operator interface, and runs as a windows service under the operating system.
DescriptionThe ClearSCADA server is integrated with all the major components of software needed for a typical SCADA system. This not only saves you additional licensing costs but also simplifies the configuration effort and reduces the time to deploy. The diagram below highlights the internal components of the ClearSCADA server (shown within the box outline). In the centre is the real-time database which is updated by the Data collectors or protocol drivers.You will notice there is a broad offering of IO servers from AES for Oil & Gas flow computers and RTUs and native drivers for industry standard protocols such as MODBUS, DNP3, IEC870, and OPC etc.The Network and Server performance includes an SNMP and ICMP driver which is ideal for network devices such as data radios, network switches/routers, UPS etc. and the Performance Monitor driver is like the he Task Manager in Windows which can in monitor in real-time, trend and alarm any variable in the operating system on the server PC.
The real-time database resides in memory on the server and includes a rich set of metadata such as time-stamp, quality flag, alarm state etc., when communications is lost to the PLC/RTU the quality flag for the associated data points will change to "Last known value" and the point value is retained; the operator still has an idea of what is going on in the process.This is the true indication of a product designed for SCADA.
The alarm and historian subsystem are attributes of the point object in the configuration environment and are no more work to configure than a simple check box. The historian is an integrated component to the ClearSCADA server. Every SCADA point can be historised if required. The historian is proprietary format for performance reasons however accessible using standard interface such as OPC-HDA, ODBC, and OLE-DB. It is event based with data compression options to tune data granularity. ClearSCADA also includes an archive object where you can take a snapshot of the historical data and copy to external drive or SAN.
In summary, the major components that are integrated into the ClearSCADA server include;
- Real-time database with point attributes such as time-stamp and quality flag
- Built-in protocol drivers for all PLC, Gas flow computes and RTUs
- An integrated event-based historian with compression options
- An alarm and event journal that is SQL compliant
- Alarm redirector to push critical alarms to email and/or text messages
- An integrated web server without need to convert graphics displays
- Crystal Report license free run-time engine and scheduler
- Open industry standard interfaces such as OPC, ODBC, .NET for integration with business systemsServer OptionsServer Options
- OPC Server for 3rd-party OPC client connectivity (OPC DA, OPC AE, OPC HDA)
- Drivers: RealFLO EFM, Siemens S7 (For latest available drivers contact Schneider Electric, Telemetry & Remote SCADA Systems)
FeaturesSCADA Expert ClearSCADA is an open software platform that provides powerful features for remote management of critical infrastructure. It’s scalable for large enterprise environments and effective for small systems alike. Historical field data is collected by single or redundant servers over dedicated long-distance communication infrastructure and made available to local and remote users via integrated clients and third-party data management applications.
ClearSCADA is now part of the StruxureWare software applications and suites
StruxureWare is the brand name identifying Schneider Electric’s various software applications and suites to drive business performance while conserving enterprise resources. StruxureWare software suite is organized within a framework of three levels: Control level, Operations and Enterprise.
As part of the SCADA software suite of StruxureWare pertaining to the ’Control’ level, ClearSCADA will now be referred to as SCADA Expert ClearSCADA, the SCADA software dedicated for telemetry and remote SCADA applications.
The design environment is object-based configuration. This is a powerful concept as you can build the database structure that closely resembles the remote site's physical assets. Security setup and alarm filtering is applied based on the database hierarchy, saving maintenance when new assets or users are added or removed. This means graphics, points, alarms, redirections, historian, security, trends, reports, logic, etc. If you have many devices/sites then you would build configuration as Templates and create instances for each unique device/site, this way you can save 75-90% in engineering effort for your project.
Alarm functionality is fully integrated and provided 'out-of-the-box', with easy configuration. The alarm behaviors are highly configurable, and can be set up with different alarm lifecycle, colors and actions. Alarm state changes can be signaled in many ways outside of EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert.
- Redirected to SMS text message on cell phone
- Redirected to email message
- Redirected to external systems such as voice notification
The security model in EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert is object based and is therefore granular down to a single point or object level. Any request for data complies to the data security model.
Tight integration with Active Directory (AD) allows new User Accounts to be created automatically, plus automatic re-alignment with changes in AD permissions on subsequent logons.
EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert delivers a new level of functionality helping you unlock the geo-locational power of your SCADA assets, with the introduction of innovative location services and mapping integration.
Underpinned by the storage of GPS coordinates for database objects, EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert is geographically-aware and able to provide location-based alarm notification, filtering, and visualization for both fixed assets and mobile field operators. Integrated support for online or GIS map sources enables automatic display of locations on maps, which can also include real-time weather data from online service providers.
Geo SCADA Expert contributes to overall system reliability with:
- Built-in support for up to 3 synchronized redundant servers for field communications and polling.
- Standby servers can be located at a remote location, providing service during a disaster recovery scenario.
- Client workstations that connect to any/all servers in the redundancy set and automatically switch under server failure.
- Support for dual LAN and WAN connections between servers.
- Secure protocols protecting against data loss for reliable communication over WAN networks and multiple paths and media.
ApplicationsEcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert can be tailored to a wide array of industry rigors and demands and is ideal for industries such as Water and Waste Water, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy and many more.