SCADA Technical Support Engineer, Ecostruxure (Expert /L3)
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Ecostruxure Technical Support Engineer – Hybrid DCS - an innovative, dedicated engineer who has a broad and general fascination with the engineering sciences and who follows international engineering trends and technologies. The engineer’s responsibilities include resolving customer reported issues, researching, interpreting and applying information, developing and uncovering solutions to resolve customer issues, and critical decision making.
To be successful as an engineer in this position, you should have a firm understanding of Process Control, SCADA technologies, Industrial networks / Telemetry and an enthusiastic fondness for teamwork. Ideal candidates will display an ability to comprehend complex systems, identify the sources of any problems that arise and decide on which actions to take to efficiently resolve them.
The Expert Technical Support Engineer is required for handling and resolving priority high-level technical and marketing questions as submitted from technical support teams around the world, supporting customers Industrial Automation systems.
Candidates must possess strong Ethernet TCP IP networking knowledge and associated standards and practices and/or certification, together with exposure to PLC based control systems together with their associated programming software packages (Unity, CE), SCADA operation/configuration, telemetry systems and cyber security practices.
The ideal candidate must be able to utilize Ethernet diagnostic software (Wireshark) to enable the debugging process required for reproducing problems and isolating root causes. Utilize statistical analysis tools to identify and report error conditions and to troubleshoot network and system issues. Additionally, knowledgeable in SCADA systems (Citect) will be required for the support of the Hybrid DCS offer and the ability to conduct customer site inspections, audits and specific diagnostic testing.
You will provide guidance, mentoring and leadership to other members of the technical staff as well as participation on cross-functional teams.
Requires occasional travel to customers' sites to troubleshoot applications.
Please note the above list of duties is not an exhaustive list but should be considered as a starting point of reference for the major duties and responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics, Automation Technology, Industrial Electronics, or Industrial Control or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or equivalent job-related experience and knowledge in Industrial Automation control systems, electronic or computer fields.
- Experience with the use of databases, spreadsheets, word processing software packages, business graphics and communication software.
- Working knowledge with routing protocols, TCP/IP, HTML and Ethernet – Hirschmann Industrial Network Engineer certification (or equivalent Cisco certification) is also desirable.
- Technical knowledge of Industrial Process Control systems and 3rd party networks is also desirable.
- Experience in a wide range of Industrial Control systems (PLC, SCADA & DCS) and associated networks, together with computer operating systems.
- On site test & commissioning (FAT & SAT) of industrial control systems
- Cyber Security technologies and applying said knowledge to both identify security holes and advise on hardening customer installations
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to share detailed technical information in an easy to understand manner.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of company employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized and able to work in a team or individual environment.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting techniques.
- Training other engineering personnel.
- Digitization and disseminate of existing and learned knowledge and processes via Video, Webinars and technical white papers
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Competent to work in complex phases of applications systems analysis activities.
- Capable of customer site interventions and fault analysis
- Strict adherence to Industrial Safety practices and protocols
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.