Schneider Internship - Hardware Engineering (Start Spring/Summer 2021)
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Hardware Engineering Intern in our Raleigh, NC location.
In this internship position, you will work with the Electronics Hardware Development Engineering team, which supports the global engineering organization on new system development and optimized engineering by supporting process and evaluation .
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Updating or creating tracking systems for equipment and PCBs
Reviewing and editing design documents
Data management activities
Collaborating with design and development
Exposure to the development process
Expand problem resolution and scripting skills
Hands-on experience with IIOT devices and systems
- Exposure to scripting and/or programming languages (National Instruments is a plus)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365
- Strong problem-solving skills to enable troubleshooting
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, or similar programs
- Interest in first-hand experience in trouble shooting and scripting
- Experience in soldering a plus