Senior Field Service Representative - Cooling
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
The Field Service Representative is responsible to provide Professional Services for APC by Schneider Electric customers including technical site analysis to resolve customer issues and to perform field service duties on APC by Schneider Electric’s complete range of Precision Cooling Equipment.
· Perform Startup/Commissioning on all equipment across the entire APC by Schneider Electric Precision Cooling product line.
· Perform Preventive Maintenance on all equipment across the entire APC by Schneider Electric Precision Cooling product line.
· Perform Unscheduled Maintenance on all equipment across the entire APC by Schneider Electric Precision Cooling product line.
· Document all required information for each site visit performed
· Work with other team members to complete custom and large installation projects
· Properly document, label, and return all defective parts utilized in the repair of APC by Schneider Electric equipment to the designated disposal/repair location.
· Educate APC by Schneider Electric customers on basic operation of their equipment. Inform customers of issues which they may have experience with their equipment in a way which is beneficial to the customer as well as APC by Schneider Electric.
· Assist APC by Schneider Electric Service Partners in site visits, evaluating technical and professional performance.
· Perform other duties as assigned
This job might be for you if you have:
· Thorough understanding of HVAC principles, specifically cooling and basic knowledge of electricity.
· Two to four years of field service repair and customer service with HVAC, Precision cooling equipment.
· Must be able to perform duties with general direction, receiving only general guidance with respect to overall objectives. Work is usually quite independent of other team members
· Must operate within division policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives
· Must comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures
· Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business procedures, professional documents, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of algebra and geometry.
· Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
· Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
· Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Must be able to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time. Must be agile and mobile with respect to finger, hand, arm and leg movement.
· Must be able to communicate (speak and hear) effectively to various intellectual levels
· Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects up to 50 pounds
· Must be able to see and focus clearly up close as well as short distances.
· Ability to travel extensively.
Education and Experience
· Associate degree in HVAC with at least 1year of related experience, or equivalent experience in a related field, or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
· EPA Universal Certification Required
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.