System Support Engineer
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Job Location (Place(s) where work is performed): Carrollton, TX; Remote
To help resolve product issues for Schneider Electric field engineers and partners. The role utilizes Schneider Electric equipment to simulate and test problems experienced in customer’s environment. These troubleshooting actions require the configuration of servers, workstations, controllers and databases while also using remote desktop software to connect to live systems for troubleshooting purposes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Job functions include:
• Set up and configuration of Windows workstations/servers
• Installing and restoring Schneider Electric BMS/Access Control software/databases
• Work with debugging software and analyzing the resulting logs
• Interface with Engineering and Quality Assurance departments
Job responsibilities include:
• Troubleshooting and resolving complex system problems
• The ability to quickly learn new products
• Thorough documentation of support case information and resolutions
• Capable of working with customers who have varying levels of product knowledge and experience
• Excellent phone and personal interaction skills
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
• Engineering education or technical background
• Strong knowledge of PC’s in a Windows environment
• Experience with ethernet networking and configuration
• Experience with database management systems
• Oscilloscopes, Meters, Protocol Analyzers, and Network sniffers
• Require little to no direct supervision to complete assigned duties
• Works in a collaborative team environment as a principle member of the group.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Office Environment with limited travel for occasional site visits and training.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.