US Services Project Manager
Project Manager - US Services
Reports to Director, US Services Project Management
- Ensure all Schneider Electric safety policies and requirements are met at any onsite project locations.
- When requested, provide upfront sales support during project quotation and preparation phase to ensure specification compliance from an execution standpoint.
- Takes ownership for validating the project’s statement of work and contract terms with the customer, including both technical and commercial elements, becomes lead contact for customer for balance of project order. (Project Initiation).
- Develops a project schedule and communicates with the customer to ensure expectations are being met. Direct engagement wit internal manufacturing facilities and third party vendors. (Project Planning).
- Monitor the execution of the customer’s project order, verifying execution of the project through kick-off meetings, communication to all parties and exchange of technical requirements and project plan information. Coordination of all Schneider Electric onsite activities including subcontracting. (Project Executive)
- Lead the monitor and control of the performance of the customer’s project through its life cycle. Key activities include task completion verification, project team monitoring, managing the exchange of project updates across the project team members, schedule reporting, issue resolution, and contract administration. (Monitor and Control Project Work)
- Lead the closeout of the customer’s project to include financial reconciliation, verification of job site equipment arrival, installation, start-up, and training support completion through review of internal system information, contact with the customer, and coordination with support services such as field services, after-shipment support, and training functions. (Project Close)
- Compares/differentiates/propose alternate products/ value engineering
- Solves problems with customer interaction that results in positive feedback and improved relationship.
- Utilizes a base knowledge of Schneider Electric products and their use and demonstrates an understanding of the fundamental knowledge, processes and terminology needed for effective project management.
- Ensure each project is executed to meet or exceed the customer’s requirements while also ensuring the project is executed within the financial boundaries of cost and margin.
- Communicate project risk (technical & financial) and mitigation plans once an issue is identified. Accurately predict the financial performance for revenue recognition to SLM to include original forecast, change orders and for cost forecasts based on incurred costs, and estimate to complete
- Utilize and offer improvements to the Project execution teams standard process, documentation and tools.
The ideal candidate should have:
- At least 3-4 years of project management experience involving construction management, electrical power distribution equipment (switchgear, ups, building systems, etc), or mechanical systems (HVAC, BMS, etc)
- In-depth understanding of subcontractor management, project financials, and risk mitigation
- Technical knowledge of a variety of facility/ building systems or IT infrastructure systems, including but not limited to; medium voltage and low voltage switchgear and circuit breakers, diesel generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, security, cooling, heating, electrical systems
- Experience leading and developing a project team to achieve improved results, measured through increased customer satisfaction, increase project profitability.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Project