FeaturesActi 9 iPRD-DC-PV Surge Protection Devices Type 2 are meant to protect against the overvoltages coming from the lightning strikes:
- of the PV inverter direct current input
- and of the photovoltaic panels.
Maximum steady state voltage: 800 V DC, 1000 V DC
Maximum discharge current Imax = 40 kA
Surge Protection Devices should be installed in a switchboard inside the building. If the switchboard is located outside, it must be weatherproof.
For more information regarding the SPD DC PV installation discover the "SE Electrical Installation Guide"
- Withdrawable Acti 9 iPRD-DC-PV Surge Arresters allow damaged cartridges to be replaced quickly
- They offer remote reporting of the "cartridge must be changed" message
- Simplified choice: optimised offer with 2 products
- Safety insured till the cartridge end of life:
the thermal disconnector will open before their destruction.
ApplicationsSPDs are particularly important to protect sensitive electrical equipments like:
- AC/DC inverters
- Monitoring devices
- PV panels
- Other sensitive equipments powered by the 230 V AC electrical distribution network.
Acti 9 iPRD-DC-PV
Surge Protection Devices for Photovoltaic applications
Part of 9 Series
Withdrawable Surge Arresters Type 2 for Photovoltaic applications to prevent the risks linked to lightning, compliant with IEC/EN 50539-11 :2013