The Challenge• Upgrade legacy system to control potential operational safety and reliability risks.
• Execute the project at low cost, low risk with reduced time to production.
• Provide seamless transition to new technology for operations team.
The SolutionImproving operational safety, reliability and profitability with EcoStruxure™ Plant
Apps, Analytics & Services : Modernization services
Edge Control: EcoStruxure Foxboro DCS
• Proactively mitigate risk by upgrading their legacy control and I/O modules to new technology.
• A plug-and-play approach that brings early production at lower cost:
• Retain existing infrastructure, field wiring, and most of their software
• New 1X8 upgrade cabinets configured to match up with existing installation
The Results• Reduced project risk and cost due to preservation of infrastructure
• Project executed 50% faster than planned
• Reduced CAPEX by 50%
• Added 2 extra days of production leading to a faster time to profit
Key FactsCarrollton, Kentucky is one of Dow Corning’s manufacturing sites used for the production of siloxanes (basic silicone materials) which are used extensively by industries such as electronics, personal care, construction and energy.
The Carrollton, Kentucky site is one of the largest silicone materials production facilities in the world.
The site produces silicone fluids, blends, emulsions and intermediate materials.
The materials produced at the Carrollton site are used in many of Dow Corning’s 7,000 products.