As a Machine Builder, manufacturing machines with logic or motion control and moving into the Industry 4.0, you are looking for a controller with embedded cloud connectivity taking care about cybersecurity, that supports monitoring, analytics and predictive maintenance.
As the latest polyvalent controller for Logic and Motion with Cloud protocols (MQTT, JSON, OPC UA) and encryption (TLS) the Modicon M262 Controller is made for you.
Modicon controllers are a foundational brick of our EcoStruxure Machine that provides complete architecture from Connected Product, Edge Control to Apps, Analytics and services.
The Modicon M262 offer range is constituted by 5 controllers:
- 2 for Logic centric applications, with 5 or 3 ns/inst (TM262L...)
- 3 for motion centric applications, for 4 (1ms), 8 (2 ms) or 16 (2 ms) synchronized axes (TM262M...)
All Modicon M262 controllers embed, even at entry level:
- 2 separated ethernet networks with EtherNet/IP and Modbus TCP
- Eth1 at 100 Mbit/s
- Eth2 at 1 Gbit/s allowing daisy chain and RSTP
Ethernet services are available on those networks as MQTTs, TLS, OPC UA, HTTPs (API), DHCP, FTPs, SNTP, SNMP,…
- One serial line, RS232, RS485 with Modbus, ASCII and Machine Expert protocols
- 1 Mini USB-B port as programming port but also as local virtual port for FTP, HTTP or Modbus
- µSD card slot, up to 32 GB with SDHC
- 8 fast I/O
- 4 fast inputs allowing an event in less than 20 µs
- 4 fast outputs switchable in less than 3 µs
- QRcode with unique serial number and link to webpage about M262 maintenance
- Run / stop switch
- Modicon TM3 I/O bus on right side
- Smart Communication Bus, on left side allowing to add Smart Communication Modules (TMS...)
- Up to 3 separated Ethernet networks (TMSES4) in addition to the 2 embedded ones
- One CANopen Master (TMSCO1)
In addition, Modicon M262 motion controllers embed
- SSI or incremental encoder (configurable) up to 200 kHz
- Sercos, real time motion bus in Eth1, allowing One-cable (EtherNet/IP over Sercos on same cable)
Modicon M262 allows I/O extension, including safety I/O
- Locally with TM3 Optimized I/O system, with 7 local modules extendable in remote with 7 additional modules, can be standard or functional safety modules
- Distributed with
- TM3 Optimized I/O system, over EtherNet/IP or Modbus TCP, up to 14 modules by bus coupler
- TM5 Performance I/O system, over EtherNet/IP allowing up to 64 modules
- Improved safety integration with Safety Logic Controller (SLC) completed with TM5 Performance and safety I/O over Sercos
DIGITIZATION – Integrate your machine in any environment “cloud & on premise”
Direct connectivity to cloud services thanks to embedded MQTT, JSON and TLS encryption.
Structured networking with up to 5 separated ethernet ports to allow easy integration into your plant, production line, ERP, MES, SCADA with open protocols like OPC UA, PackML or SQL
Automation “à la carte” with Smart Communication Modules.
Scalable performances -Manage logic applications, synchronized motion, embedded safety, cloud connectivity in one controller
I/O system adjusted to your needs, optimized (TM3) for just enough architecture or performant (TM5) with high resolution granularity, hot swap, time stamped, ...
EFFICIENCY - Through Smart Engineering design:
Benefit from real time automation field bus with Sercos for fast motion control, safety and open to other devices
One cable simplifies the architecture and field bus wiring. Manage EtherNet/IP and Sercos devices on the same cable
Simplified commissioning & diagnostics without software installation – “Machine Assistant”
PROTECTION (Safety & Security)
Meet safety regulation with Embedded Safety
Cybersecurity with among others encrypted communication, network separation, Achilles certification, user access/ user rights management, ...
Green Premium certified, our ecolabel ahead environmental regulation