The Engineering System provides an innovative multi-engineering environment to improve efficiency throughout the engineering phase of a plant and commissioning, accelerating start-up and minimizing project risk. ECOSTRUXURE HYBRID DCS Engineering environment, is a scalable, collaborative server/client architecture that allows multiple engineers working at the same time to configure a complete process automation system, from the hardware configuration, communication, controls and mimics for the operation station.
- Single database – ECOSTRUXURE HYBRID DCS provides a single, global database to store the configurations of the whole system. This single database enables active services to share information across all the components of the automation system, as well to share real time engineering data with all the users. This single database is a centralized repository for the whole system, making its maintenance easier.
- Configure-once Philosophy: Single entry point for all configuration, enables faster system design, and fewer errors. Asset information data is introduced only once and the design of system follows the Control Instrumentation Diagram, making the controls design, installation and commissioning easier.
- A productive engineering approach – ECOSTRUXURE HYBRID DCS is a platform that provides common services like configuration, deployment, diagnostics, communication, security, connectivity and people/data collaboration. These services enable you to build a single, unified “Plant Model” that logically represents your process, and a Plant Infrastructure to represent the physical equipment. This makes the design and maintenance of the system more efficient, more flexible and less risky. The Plant Model also gives essential context to your data, greatly assisting with diagnostics and troubleshooting, as well as providing valuable system documentation throughout the system lifecycle.
- Object model approach – The foundation of ECOSTRUXURE HYBRID DCS is the Model; the logical representation of the physical equipment and processes being controlled, supervised, managed within ECOSTRUXURE HYBRID DCS. This unique model provides a single, consistent definition of your infrastructure or plant in meaningful terms and organized as re-usable templates. The model represents your physical equipment, containing all the different points of view of the equipment: control logic, graphical representation, data acquisition, alarms, trends, documentation, system security, access control, external interfaces etc. Through this hierarchical object based model, abstracted views of real-world systems, their relationships and physical locations can be selected and defined.
- Sustainable engineering – ECOSTRUXURE HYBRID DCS is adaptable to different business needs at every stage of the plant lifecycle. Application objects are created by reusing existing powerful templates. The parent-child relationship is key to control deployment, propagation of changes and maintenance. This reduces time and risk during the lifecycle of your system.
- Multi-User Engineering Environment. Working in parallel during the Engineering phase can reduce design time and cost dramatically. ECOSTRUXURE HYBRID DCS Engineering System is a scalable and flexible client server/client architecture that can be adapted to the size and needs of the plant. ECOSTRUXURE HYBRID DCS enables concurrent engineering in the same system/application with consistency management, thanks to a transparent check-in / check-out mechanism that will optimize engineering design, and share in real time all the work performed across the different engineering workstations, without having to split the project in several pieces and enforce a reconciliation which could lead in inefficiencies and risks losing information.
- Change Management. ECOSTRUXURE HYBRID DCS provides out-of-the-box engineering traceability and revision control.by recording any system configuration change. This feature helps to support the verification of changes, in order to be compliant with the requirements of regulated industries.
- Simulation. ECOSTRUXURE HYBRID DCS provides embedded simulation capabilities that allow the simulation of the entire system at any time, via any engineering workstation, which greatly reduces errors during the design phase. This reduces time to market, engineering costs and increase the quality of the final control system.
- Centralized hardware and software configuration that is uniform throughout the system with an engineering system with integrated configuration for field devices
- Avoid errors and reduce engineering time: A single and global database, and configure-once philosophy eliminates redundant entries and makes data entered available throughout the system.
- Asset configuration is simplified thanks to pre-configured, tested and validated Object template libraries
- Simple duplication of equipment by reusing existing object templates
EcoStruxure™ Process Expert
The only DCS for hybrid industry users that can measurably pay for itself within 3 months of implementation
Part of EcoStruxure
EcoStruxure Hybrid DCS harnesses the power of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) to bring your plant into the future. It delivers everything you need to run a sustainable, productive and market-agile plant, from full process traceability to embedded energy management.