Digital Power Project Manager
Description Senior Project Manager
Coordinates and monitors customer facing technical projects from initiation through delivery, ensuring that projects are completed on schedule, within budget, and most importantly high customer satisfaction. This position includes project planning, resource allocation, estimating, execution, implementation and support. The individual will work closely with the customer, contractor, and internal resources to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of solutions deployed in support of project goals and objectives. We realize not everyone possesses all of the skills mentioned in job desriptions, but if you an individual with drive and a passion for learning and feel that you would be a good fit, don't hesitate to apply for the position.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Works closely with internal and external stakeholders, and customers in overseeing and coordinating project priorities, scope, resource requirements, and timing of deliverables
- Assists management with evaluation and development of a project plan and participates in the planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions
- Monitors project deliverables and progress through continuous communication with project members and key stakeholders
- Remains aware of any potential problems and works to mitigate any risks
- Prepares reports on project progress and problems
- Ensures projects are completed per corporate and customer plan
This job might be for you possess the following:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent, combined with 5+ years of relevant project management work experience
- Location is remote, however there may be a need to visit customers throughout the US. Travel expectation should be 25% however, it ebbs and flows.
- If the role is location specific, there may be a need to be onsite more frequently to supervise work being completed.
- Computer proficiency in MS Project, Office and Visio
- Knowledge of contract documents and ability to clearly understand specifications
- Ability to manage project financials, ensuring accurate revenue recognition forecasting and delivery in a profitable manner
- Ability to manage large teams and their activities, including sub-contractors
- Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements
- Ability to work and contribute as an effective team player in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Developed interpersonal skills with an ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers of various technical abilities, including experience working with contractors, consultants, and sales staff as required.
- Ability to self-manage, multi-task and learn new skills quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- PMP Certification
- Knowledge and experience in Power Monitoring Systems, control/automation industry (metering, transformers, switchgear, circuit breakers, PLCs, drives), energy management, power distribution, critical power applications
- Experience working in a matrix managed environment
- Experience with Critical Power applications in Healthcare and Data Center facilities
- Knowledge and/or experience of competitor products and services
- Knowledge and/or training in applicable OSHA regulations.