Project Manager - BMS
Are you passionate about making energy more efficient? Do you want to make a difference to the world's energy crisis? With offices in over 100 countries, Schneider Electric is focused on making energy safe, reliable, and efficient. In 2019, the company's 135,000 plus employees achieved sales of 28 billion euros through an active commitment to help individuals and organisations "Make the most of their energy."
The Schneider Electric Buildings Business is a market leader in the design, installation and life cycle support of energy efficient and intelligent building management and security systems. Due to continued demand for our specialist service we have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager – BMS.
In this critical role you will be responsible for the cradle to grave delivery of reliable Building Management Systems for a major high profile and career defining project. You will ensure that all systems comply with the project specification, statutory Schneider Electric and Australian standards, whilst ensuring the project is completed on time with maximum profitability.
Specific Responsibilities of the role will include but not be limited to:
- Maintain a high level of communication with clients – internal and external.
- Clearly establish project scope, time and cost baselines and deliverables are set up and communicated for project success.
- Develop detailed plans for project implementation including cost forecasts, WBS, project timeline (program with duration and dependable) identifying critical paths and
- Assist with design documentation, schedules and drawings to ensure a quality design is documented and submitted for approval ahead of installation
- Project review and risk management, resource planning and allocation achieving agreed budget, schedule and quality
- Communicate project progress through publishing of timely qualitative and quantitative reports
- Assist Operations Manager with upstream reports and reviews.
- Provide operational review of sales estimates where required to ensure quality and accuracy of sales estimates and proactive contribute to the overall profitability of projects
- Manage suppliers and subcontractor ensuring budget, scope, timelines and quality are met.
- Experience in running constructions projects and dealing with different building trades
Qualifications - External
- We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary or trade qualifications in mechanical, electrical or electronic engineering
- Strong project management skills certified to PMP and/or Prince2
- Commercial acumen together with a strong understanding for and a demonstrated capacity to meet client technical requirements and exceed customer care expectations
- Demonstrable diplomacy when solving matters of a complex or sensitive nature is fundamental.
- Project documentation, design, engineering, commissioning, installation of complex building management systems
- Excellent written and oral communications skills complemented by strong organizational and time management skills
- Solid understanding of quality system management (ISO 9001)
In return we offer a flexible and supportive work environment and the opportunity to progress your career. Our culture is achievement-driven, diverse and truly global, we offer career progression, regional and overseas training. If you meet the above attributes have a professional manner and team spirit, combined with excellent interpersonal skills and are customer service focused, take your next career step. Apply now
All applicants must have working rights in Australia at the time of application and will be required to provide documented evidence if selected for interview.
Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. If any candidates are submitted in an unsolicited manner, we will consider this as a direct candidate application to Schneider Electric and no fee will be payable.