For over 125 years, ASCO Power Technologies has been pioneering every major product innovation in power transfer technology. Today, we are an industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, and the world leader in emergency and standby power transfer solutions. We are the Power Authority - committed to providing a full range of quality-driven products backed by 24-hour nationwide service support.
ASCO Power Technologies, an industry leader in the manufacturing of Automatic Transfer Switches, Industrial Control Products, Load Banks, Power Control Systems, Services and Solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for a Quality Engineer based out of Welcome, NC.
The Quality Engineer assists in the establishing and maintaining the Quality Management System, methods, procedures and processes to improve product quality, inspection effectiveness, and suppliers’ performance in adherence with the Corporate Quality Policy.
- Assist in maintaining the ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System
- Perform scheduled Compliance and Leadership Quality Audits and provide Process Improvement Recommendations as a result of these audits
- Analyze process related non-conformances
- Disposition of Supplier related non-conforming parts or assemblies found at receiving and/or in process inspection during the manufacturing process
- Define and document acceptance criteria for manufacturing operations
- Analyze manufacturing area Scrap to identify possible root causes and make recommendations for process improvement
- Analyze First Pass Yield Rate data and investigate possible root causes and make recommendations for process improvement
- Improve Process Controls
- Assist Manufacturing in implementing Engineering Changes
- Participate in new process implementation, product transfer and process validation
- Interface with UL, CSA, KEMA, etc. applying for third party agency approvals, maintaining the appropriate databases and following up on any and all open issues.
- If required, sit on Standards Committees representing ASCO Power Technologies.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of ASCO Power Technologies to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: ASCO Power Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
ASCO Power Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
• Staff position with some responsibilities for engineering guideline interpretation. Provide technical quality direction to engineers, designers, technicians and inspectors.
• Interface with various other department representatives for the purpose of obtaining Cause and Corrective Action on various types of non-conformances. This may by product or component related problems, ISO 9001:2008 Continuous Improvement Programs, customer complaints, Process Improvements, etc.
• Interface with Vendors, Customers, and Sales People may also be required during witness tests, source inspection, etc.
• Responsible for the accurate analysis and timely completion of engineering tasks and projects.
- Some travel to other ASCO Power Technology facilities as well as vendor/customer visits may be required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BS Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Quality).
- Must have had training in Statistical Analysis & Root Cause Failure Analysis Techniques.
- Experienced with & knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System, Auditing, Process Mapping, Supplier Controls, etc. a must.
- Have the ability to learn and use the ASCO Business Computer System in short order.
- Five years of experience in the field of Quality Engineering preferred.
- Knowledge of third party agency approval process (UL, CSA, IEC, etc.) a plus.
- Must have good Communication Skills to communicate with other departments, vendors and customers.
- Performs analysis to develop or modify and improve existing processes. Customer requirements or corporate direction may influence these decisions. Must be able to make recommendations on the most effective course of action to be taken, develop a plan based on these decisions and have the ability to present the same in a professional manner.
- Review and analyze current as well as new processes to uncover potential problems and determine alternates. Review and analyze requirements to produce a product that meets the industry standards, is acceptable to customer, within budgetary requirements and acceptable in product appearance.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be computer literate and have a working knowledge in all Microsoft Applications.
The duties listed are not set forth for the purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under a position title or those to be assigned and performed temporarily outside an employee’s normal line of work.