Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Technical Antenna in our Columbia SC location.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The Technical Antenna position will be part of a high-performance team responsible for maintenance of the QED2 and PZ4/QED6 product offering. The successful candidate will be responsible for resolution of PEP Light/Zero Track projects (PCR’s). Activities include correcting issues in engineering records (BOM’s, Creo models, Drawings, etc...) of the standard product offering.
In addition, support of PMP, PEP Full Track and Optimization projects will be assigned as needed. Activities include being an active project team member to fully understand design intent of project and to provide applications/plant input. Also, to assist with Content Testing/Paper Pilots/Physical pilots as needed.
Will work closely with Optimization team, Continuous Engineering, GTA and interface with multiple functions/facilities.
- Complete assignments that focus on maintenance of engineering records for standard product offering.
- Investigate issue and recommend corrective action(s).
- Execute approved recommendation (i.e. create/revise records in Creo and/or Symphony).
- Create/write Application Notes and submit for validation.
- Support PMP, PEP Full Track and Optimization projects as required.
- Maintains an up-to-date, thorough knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal codes/regulations and interprets and applies industry standards (UL, ANSI, NEC) to new designs.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
Primary Skills and Qualifications
- Experienced in design, applications or installation of Switchboard and/or Switchgear.
- Proficient in Creo/ProE, PDM, Symphony, ODM+, Order Editor, ACE and Q2C.
- Engineering degree from accredited university (BSME preferred).
- Accountable, self-motivated and proactive
- Solid and pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills to work collaboratively with remote teams and management.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse workplace with people from a variety of backgrounds, cultures and beliefs.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.