Digital Power Digital Services Engineer
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Digital Power Digital Services Engineers at Schneider Electric employ a combination of electrical, systems, network communications and application-specific software skills to:
- Help customers maintain the reliability and performance of their systems, and address any potential technical problem.
- Assist Application Engineers with site-specific difficulties during new site commissioning as well as system upgrades and expansions.
- Work closely with our direct and indirect North America sales force to manage customer relationship and satisfaction.
- Assist sales personnel in the pursuit of new business by providing pre-sales technical support and assisting with customer evaluations and system selection. Occasionally preparing and presenting customer product demos.
- Research, identify, develop and recommend corrective measures to address technical issues identified in the field or in-house.
- Participate in power monitoring system development projects by contributing knowledge of customer applications, providing user information requirements, providing test scenarios and typical use-cases, and occasionally participating in product development and testing.
- Resolve technical problems from end customers, application engineers, sales and engineering teams.
- Identify and qualify product failures and assist product engineering in understanding and resolving them.
- Case tracking by entering cases in our Customer Relationship Management tool.
- Research and documentation of technical problems and solutions using our Knowledge Base.
- Design, plan, research, evaluate and test complex systems used to monitor and/or control electrical equipment and systems
This job might be for you if you have:
- Engineering degree in Electrical, Power Systems or Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience in software, hardware, networking, database and/or system troubleshooting, diagnosis and problem solving
- Power and/or electrical systems knowledge
- Computer knowledge, particularly relating to server, network and operating system installation and configuration
- Experience with Windows Operating Systems and networking
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic, self-motivated and customer-focused
- People-person and team player, enjoying the cross-functional interaction required for this position
- Quick learner with an inquiring mind
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work with people with a wide range of technical backgrounds, including consultants, senior professional engineers, energy managers, electricians, IT engineers and personnel, account managers, sales personnel
- Ability to occasionally travel to various customer sites in North America and worldwide
- SCADA experience
- PLC experience
- SQL Database querying and programming experience
- VBA, C++, or Java coding experience
- On-site power system experience
- Understanding of Power Quality standard
- On-site or remote advanced technical support experience
- Knowledge of Schneider Electric Power Monitoring and Control products
- Knowledge of electrical power industry
- Understanding of digital metering systems, PowerLogic preferred
- Understanding of lighting control systems, PowerLink preferred
- Controls or transformer protection experience\
- Experience with CRM systems, Salesforce preferred
- Bilingual: Spanish or French an asset
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against disability.