Health & Safety Specialist
Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On.
Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency.
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
We are the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtExntUe89c
Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our team as and Health & Safety Specialist. This role will site based in our customers sites around Maynooth and Dublin area.
To support site safety in services and Solutions businesses. To ensure compliance with current legal requirements and best practice, ensuring risks are minimised and correct working practices maintained through an underpinning of culture and positive safety behaviours. To work with all applicable businesses as a H&S Specialist to bring a unified approach and to ensure Operations understand the safety requirements for their deployment teams. To seek continuous improvement on health, safety and environment practices for all parts of the respective business areas.
Your main responsibilities:
- To support Services and Solutions Operations - Divisional/Regional management in implementing actions to deliver strategic Health, Safety and Sustainability plans.
- Work with site (local and on field) management teams to advise, plan and implement actions to improve working environment and people wellbeing on sites.
- Investigate and review of all accidents, incidents and Near Miss. Recommend improvement actions and records of them.
- Ensure that all suppliers and sub-contractors are properly assessed before inclusion on the Approved List and regular reviews take place with all sub-contractors.
- Support and assist on creating and providing trainings related with Environment, Health & Safety.
- Support the completion of Risk Assessments and POWRA and support line managers to create them in specific risk areas. Ensure all employees and subcontractors are following procedure and work according to RAMS.
- Arrange and carry out audits and HSE inspections at customer sites and offices. Make recommendations arising from inspections and monitor implementation. Coordinate customer audit requirements.
- Support OHSAS 18001, ISO14001, ISO 50001, ISO 9001 and ISO 39001 within organisation.
- Support communication that rises HSE awareness, responsibility and change of culture in line with organisation strategy.
- Must have a NEBOSH Certificate, Degree/ Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent in a related area.
- Safe Pass
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within a similar role in a Construction or Services organization where CDM is paramount.
- You need to be computer literate in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Intranet (also ideally experience of SAP/other databases)
- This position requires that you have an excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You need to be able do presentations to the senior management level internally and externally.
• Corporate Membership of IOSH
• HNC in Electrical Engineering.
- Previous experience in delivering effective Health and Safety training courses
What we offer:
- You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and flexible working models to ensure the right work/life balance.
- A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working across teams
- A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
- An attractive compensation package including the comprehensive fringe benefits expected of an international company
- We are an employer that is characterized by both the appreciation and equal opportunities of our employees, a recipe for generating success.
Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice – apply now online.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.