Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Primary Function Schneider Electric is seeking a motivated individual to serve as Electromechanical designer to support the new product development inside power products portfolio, particularly LV Equipment. The position is based in Monterrey, Mexico and reports to the Power Products organization. The individual is responsible for all aspects of understanding customer needs/requirements from product being developed and transform those requirements in solutions through product development. The development process implies understanding of design thinking, design for manufacturing and validation methodologies using corporate tools.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Lead, create, approve and/or review parametric models and drawings of electro-mechanical equipment, according to design intent and Schneider Electric best practices.
- Experience designing in sheet metal parts is a must. Experience in plastic parts design is desirable
- Perform analysis (tolerance) to insure the adequate performance, quality, and reliability of the product.
- Manage GD&T methodologies and manufacturability of product.
- Identification/Management of Technical/Project risks.
- Manage design actions using Agile methodology.
- Being the main contact point of PDL and designers.
- Must have 3 or more years of experience in design and development of electromechanical products.
- Industrial Design degree / Electromechanical engineering
- General knowledge of manufacturing processes. D Software (Creo, Pro E).
- Influence and Convince.
- Good communication skills are a most (business English conversations)
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, a culture of wellness, and more great benefits above and beyond a typical employer. Click to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/mx/carreras
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.