NAM Hub Product Data Analyst
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The principal purpose of this job is to develop product data for North America Power products, enabling our digital platforms including BIM and the LayoutFAST suite of tools, web, and eCommerce. The data will be consumed by customers including specifiers, contractors, OEMs, panelbuilders, end users, and distributors in different phases from awareness to design to quote and to Order Processing. Product data ultimately will produce customer quote bills of material, price, cost, category numbers, delivery codes, and drawings.
To develop a Product Data Model, one must have product knowledge in low voltage power products, expert understanding of manufacturing processes and systems, expert knowledge of quote, order, change order, price determination and PDP (Product Development Process). The ideal candidate combines application/order engineering, product management and regional marketing skills.
Key Job Responsibilities
1. Manage product data projects for a product line(s) across the USA, Canada, & Mexico. Each project may utilize 3-5 resources (engineering, marketing, offer management). This role must track progress, preparing weekly status reports, distribute and resolve issues/conflicts that arise from corrective action reports.
2. Develop product feature-based question and answer sets (e.g. Ampacity, Voltage, Enclosure Type, etc.) utilizing the BIM platform DATAmanager.
3. Specify and perform data entry of rule logic that validates the answers provided by the customer by preventing mutually exclusive answer conditions as well as making sure required options have been selected under specific conditions.
4. Develop and maintain configuration logic
5. Specify the layout validation logic for products that allow custom arranged component placement (similar to a Device Placement specification). This is applicable on a product by product basis.
6. Specify and perform data entry of product pricing and pricing rule logic. Same applies to delivery codes, cost, category and feature description tables (may require English and/or French and/or Spanish currency and language).
7. Specify and perform data entry in a modified version of FAST to BIM documents and the application logic that delivers automated drawings to the quotation and order processing environments.
8. Develop test environments for product selector projects, participate in testing process where appropriate. Testing may encompass all aspects of product data.
9. Support evolving data needs for Web and ecommerce.
The successful candidate will work closely with our Application Marketing Offer Managers for various Low Voltage and Medium Voltage data tasks. This work could consist of MS Excel data formatting and review, working within Schneider Electric tools, or other. The primary goal will be to have this role help offset any type of data requests from the Offer/Product Managers so that they can focus on Strategy, Inovation, and Support of their offers.
- Minimum years of experience needed for position: 2
- Product knowledge in low voltage and medium voltage power products is a plus
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and systems
- The ideal candidate combines application/order engineering, product management, project management, data analyst, and regional marketing skills.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, a culture of wellness, and more great benefits above and beyond a typical employer. Click to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/mx/carreras
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.