Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Stepper/Servo Motor Technology Hardware Design Engineer in our Marlborough, CT location. If you are looking for an excellent environment to demonstrate and grow your technical skills, while being a part of a dynamic and agile team, this is a great opportunity for you.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Develop and enhance Schneider Electric Motion (SEM) USA's existing and next generation motion control products which include intelligent hybrid stepper motor drives, integrated motor/drive/control solutions for both stepper motor and servo motor control, and various electromechanical solutions.
- Play a key role in all areas of product development including:
- New product design specifications
- Complex circuit design
- Functional safety assemssment
- Product verification and certification testing
- Final release to production.
- Work with a talented group of engineers skilled in multiple disciplines including electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, quality control, design for manufacturing, and embedded software development.
- Continue to broaden your technical skills with analog and digital electronics while being given the opportunity to branch out and take more responsibility within project management!
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar related technical discipline.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience, or specific course related project work during undergraduate studies, in the field of product development of printed circuit board level electronic hardware with expertise in analog and digital circuits focused on the control of hybrid stepper motors, and AC and DC brushless servo motors.
- Working knowledge designing with electronic hardware design tools such as schematic capture (Altium, Mentor Graphics, or similar), PCB design, timing analysis, and signal integrity.
- Familiarity with designing electronic hardware systems that meet product certification requirements, such as UL, CE, or IEC 61010.
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet functional safety standards, such as IEC 61508 and/or SIL2/SIL3.
- Knowledge of, and able to perform, PFD/PFH calculations for safety applications.
- Experience simulating analog circuit performance and reliability (e.g., using software such as MathCad, Matlab, etc.).
- Understanding of fault tolerant design, redundant design, high availability design, etc.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.