DVCAS switchgears functional groups have been designed as compact units, and built as the union of modular switchgears.
Each of the modular functions is composed of:
- Metal base frame
- Operating mechanism and relay compartment
- MV cable compartment
- Stainless steel, gas-tight cubicle which uses SF6 gas as insulating medium and houses the busbar system and the breaking devices.
General electrical/Constructive data:
- Frequency Hz 50
- Rated voltage kV 36
- Insulation level
> Power frequency withstand voltage kV 70
> Lightning impulse withstand voltage kV peak 170
- Rated current of the main busbar A 630
- Short time withstand current kA/s 20/3
- Short circuit breaking current capacity kA 20
- Short circuit making capacity kA peak 50
- Internal arc withstand IAC AFL kA/1s 20
- Degree of protection
> HV compartment IP 67
> LV and operating mechanism compartment IP 3X
- SF6 gas pressure at 20ºC bar 0.3
For other values, please consult Schneider Electric.
The Wind Main Unit
Choosing DVCAS switchgears ensures installations safety through the experience of a world leader in the field of wind power.
Experience in wind farms
- More than 8200 transformer substations
- More than 450 collecting substations
- More than 10500 MW.
Advantages of the DVCAS range
- Maximum availability: service continuity
- Minimum width: < 600 mm
- Maximum safety conditions for staff personnel
- Environment insensitivity: SF6 insulation
- Certificates: IEC
- Approved quality: ISO 9001:2000
- Environmentally friendly: ISO 14001:2004
- Simple installation
- DVCAS switchgears have been specifically designed to meet all the needs of networks up to 36 kV, inside wind farms.
- These DVCAS switchgears can be installed in wind farms up to 2000 m over the sea level.