PowerChute Network Shutdown
Reliable network-based shutdown of multiple servers.
Industry-leading power protection for your hyperconverged and virtual infrastructure.
FeaturesPowerChute Network Shutdown works in conjunction with the APC UPS Network Management Card to protect your physical and virtual IT environment from threats to IT availability. Network-based, graceful, unattended shutdown of your physical servers and virtual machines protects data integrity and reduces system downtime when critical events such as extended power outages occur. Its scalable architecture can support a virtually unlimited number of client systems. PowerChute Network Shutdown is easily configurable via a browser interface and supports Single, Redundant and Parallel UPS configurations.
- Event logging - Pinpoint the timing and sequence of events leading up to an incident with the event log.
- Browser Accessible - View the user interface with a browser. Provides quick access from anywhere on a secure network.
- Network-based shutdown - Reduces cable clutter by eliminating the need to connect the UPS and protected servers via cables.
- Step-by-step configuration wizard - Speeds deployment by reducing installation and set-up time. Allows configuration changes even after initial set-up.
- Text-based INI configuration file - Allows for flexibility in archiving configuration settings or copying configured settings from one Agent to another.
- IPv6 Support - Capable of operating on a network using IPv6 protocol
- Parallel-UPS configuration support - Recognizes a Parallel-UPS configuration as a single UPS system in the case of actionable events (for UPS devices that are parallel-capable).
- PowerChute Network Shutdown OS Compatibility - This software supports numerous operating systems and processors. For further information, please
- Redundant-UPS configuration support - Supports up to four UPS’s in a Redundant-UPS configuration. All UPS’s in a Redundant Configuration must belong to the same UPS family.
- Virtual Cluster Support - Supports virtual machine migration, virtual machine shutdown and host shutdown in Virtual Clusters.
- Virtual Cluster View - Displays a graphical representation of your Virtual Cluster environment and UPS setup on a single screen to provide an intuitive view of your UPS and Host configuration.
- VMware vApp Shutdown - Enables shutdown and startup of VMware vApps to control the sequence of virtual machine shutdown/startup.
- VMware Virtual Appliance - Provides the option to deploy PowerChute as a virtual appliance for ease of installation.
- Operating System Shutdown - Prevents possible data corruption by performing graceful, unattended operating system shutdown in the event of an extended power outage or computer power problem.
- Run command file - Run command file on network shutdown sequence as well as start-up sequence.
- Secure communications - Secured web access via HTTPS, as the default, ensures that communication between the device and the client interfaces cannot be interpreted.
- Sequenced network shutdown and reboot - Customize network shutdown and reboot sequence of connected servers and UPSs.
- Sequenced Server Shutdown - Sequences the shutdown of multiple servers powered by the same UPS to extend runtime for higher priority servers.
Have a question?Search our library of technical questions, videos, guides, and answers created by our support team. Find an answer
Looking for a distributor?A simple tool to locate easily your nearest Schneider Electric distributor Find your local distributor
Ready to order?Save time by starting your sales enquiry online and an expert will connect with you! Please follow the link below, and supply your details. Contact sales