As the demand on the UK rail network continues to grow there is increasing pressure to ensure the network is reliable and efficient.
A significant number of delays can be attributed to loss of signalling power. These losses are usually caused by cable or equipment faults, cable theft, or vandalism and can incur significant disruption and delays to the rail network.
Intended for use in railway signal applications, the Automatic Supply Restoration system will automatically restore power to signalling equipment, reducing delays, outages and minimising impact on customers.
The full system automatically restores power to signalling equipment following FSP or cable faults. The system will isolate the circuit fault and then restore power automatically, reducing a power interruption to less than thirty seconds.
The full system provides the user with a 15” colour touch screen display providing a graphical representation of the signalling power network. The display presents status and alarm information ensuring the maintenance engineers will have full visibility of any faults. The touch screen's display can also be accessed using a standard web browser providing all of the functionality to remote users.
- Automatically locates and isolates a cable fault – minimising delays and down time
- Automatically locates and isolates FSP faults - minimising delays and down time
- Provides real time and historical reporting
- Easy to use touch screen interface with graphical network representation with alarm and event handling
- View and remotely control the system through Internet Explorer
- No modifications required to the FSP cable size or circuit protection
- Easy to install and retrofit by non-specialist personnel
- Supports DNP3 and Modbus
- Class 2 compliant
In addition to the full ASR system, Schneider Electric can provide Local fault detection and Remote fault detection solutions to meet individual project requirements and budgets.