Apps, Analytics & Services: ABUControl intelligent crane control, expert delivery services
Edge Control: Modicon M221, M241, M251 controllers, XPSMC safety controller, EcoStruxure Machine Expert
Connected Products: Altivar drives, Altivar power regeneration, Phaseo ABL power supplies, TeSys motor-protective circuit-breakers & contactors, OsiSense sensors, XU photoelectric switches, XS inductive encoders
• EcoStruxure Machine: The breadth of the portfolio can address all the needs of ABUS’ customers. It also serves as the foundation for further exploiting the potential of the IIoT in ABUS’ cranes.
• Hoisting expertise and collaboration at all stages: From drafting requirements, concept development, and proposing innovative solutions with new functionalities and features, to programming, testing, and final validation
• The result: ABUControl, an intelligent modular crane control system based on EcoStruxure Machine. All required crane functions can be implemented with just two standard modules - from simple to complex crane architectures, with several cranes and hoists. Machine options do not have to be programmed, and the system parameters are set up quickly and easily in the crane control software.
• Efficient and fast series production, and larger quantities with high quality
• Faster handling of crane production due to the standard implementation of all required crane functions using only two standard modules
• Faster and more flexible new development - faster response to customer needs
• Comfort and safety
• Higher crane availability - reduced downtime
• Energy savings of up to 40%
The Modicon M241 control solution, together with networked frequency inverters, deliver added safety and convenience and reduce crane system downtime. With the regenerative unit of Altivar drives, energy generated during braking can be fed back into the grid, enabling energy savings of up to 40%.
Digitization: The further development of networked solutions and the collection and utilization of data are the gateway to the IIoT, helping ABUS to open up additional opportunities – such as predictive maintenance and global service capabilities – to expand their business.
Schneider Electric's solutions have helped ABUS become more competitive. Thanks to this cooperation, ABUS is introducing new and innovative hoisting developments that increase crane availability and enable targeted maintenance measures worldwide.