Senior Sales Engineer (Lighting Control)
Do you dream of working in a company that is driven by a meaningful purpose?
An inclusive company that empowers you to do your best and be innovative?
We are looking for a Senior Sales Engineer (006UXJ) to make a difference!
At Schneider Electric, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to do more with less, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment. We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability.
What you will do:
Project Sales has the overall responsibility for the customer channel (and the customer’s customer) within the Digital Energy Division and has the responsibility to identify and cultivate customers. Facilitates the sales process from identifying potential projects to implementing sales/contract to meet one’s sales targets within the intended customer group and/or geographic region.
- Responsible for setting and reaching key targets (e.g. volumes, revenues, product mix, price increase, area coverage, channel penetration and increasing market share, etc.) within the country.
- Responsible for achieving the targets in relation to the product sales, price management and organizing sales support within the area.
- Responsible for ensuring the entire product portfolio is offered in the area according to the market needs and according to the channel approach.
- Responsible to identify and certify new System Integrators and converting them into EcoXpert under the partner’s program.
- Responsible to push for digital transformation in EcoXpert channel.
- Pre-Sales: Must coordinate resources to support/secure customer projects within his/her area. Must plan and follow up the execution of the promotional activities and product launches. Required to contribute ideas in the development and execution of the action plans.
- Sales: Required to execute the sales plans and meeting or exceeding sales target. Required to emphasize cross-functional collaboration with other divisions within Schneider Electric Malaysia. Required to drive commercial excellence and build sales efficiency.
- Post-Sales: Responsible for proactively engage with customer’s post-sales approach. Must ensure that customer resolution cases have clear ownership, implementation and follow-up, including managing customer’s credit facility and receivables collection.
Sales and Marketing Strategic plan
- Facilitates negotiations with the customer and wins sales based on highest margins, and ensures a high level of customer satisfaction (CNPS) throughout the entire sales process.
- Is responsible for and facilitates negotiations for the conclusion of contracts – takes measures to ensure customer satisfaction throughout the sales process.
- Ensures that payments from the customer are received in accordance with the terms of the contract to avoid past due notices.
- Ensures that the sales proposals submitted are followed up and that agreements are signed when appropriate, and that they are in accordance with established requirements within the business policies and guildelines.
- Fulfils the expected number of customer visits after consultation with the Sales Director and ensures that the customer database is maintained updated in regards to customer information, contact persons, sales/contracts and activities.
- Responsible for planning and implementing local sales strategies, strategic sales initiatives, to achieve sales targets, respective to budgets and action plans.
- Develops sales/business by means of close cooperation with the customer to identify sales possibilities at an early stage.
- Via good relationship with customers, understands the underlying needs of the customer and identifies new business possibilities, as well as maximizing the potential, with existing customers.
- Has sufficient knowledge about the product offerings to facilitate the sales process vis-à-vis the customer.
- Has extensive knowledge about the customer, understands the channel strategy and the establishment of prices related to this.
- Required to regularly track and provide forecast sales target to finance dept. Particularly important is placed on analysis of the data, e.g. non-profitable and profitable customers, customer’s penetration indexes, partners performance, as well as the training of the customers.
Sales and Markets Business Intelligence
- Must take action in order to understand the past, current and future business in the country, i.e. analysis of continuous market trends, customers, competitors, industries, applications and country analyses to support the business development decisions, as well as finding and creating the new business opportunities.
- Respond and give feedback about anything lacking in the product portfolio as well as future customer needs, as support to the R&D processes.
Customer Relations and Customer Satisfaction
- Must drive towards the development of the key customer relations and ensure customer satisfaction through routine customer satisfaction survey.
- Required to take over process ownership of the company implemented sales processes (salesforce.com, TIF, sales team activities, etc.).
- Responsible for ensuring that all the processes, responsibilities and tasks are properly organized, updated on continuously basis according to deadlines.
Quality and Risk Management
- Responsible for maintaining the high quality of the sales activities, and responsible for minimizing the risks regarding the agreements, prices and channel management.
- Responsible for ensuring that the teams, channels and partners are fully compliant regarding business ethics and compliance.
- Bachelor Degree (preferable Electrical/Mechanical/Mechatronics
- 2 - 5 years of relevant sales experience in lighting control or wiring devices (switches/sockets) industry
- Strong communication skills & able to work effectively with partners ie. system integrators, consultants, contractors, interior designers.
- Demonstrate strong relationship building the channel partners.
Benefits we offer:
- Global family leave
- Comprehensive medical coverage for employee and dependents
- Flexible work arrangement
- Worldwide Employee Stock Ownership
We are looking forward to welcoming you in our team!