Service Specialist (Recent Graduate)
This position is responsible for servicing all system issues on time and to the customer’s satisfaction.
These specialists will be responsible for troubleshooting and repairing customer systems, performing
scheduled maintenance, performing warranty work, and suggesting and performing system
improvements, modifications, etc. to current customers Building Automation Systems.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
· Troubleshoot and repair customer systems
· Perform scheduled maintenance on installed systems
· Request and deliver material as required
· Coordinate activities of subcontractors when necessary
· Create, load, and test system databases
· Test, backup and tune system databases
· Check out and start up control systems
· Provide on-site training to customers as needed
· Suggest system improvements, modifications, etc.
· Perform warranty work
· Complete documentation for assigned tasks
· Coordinate and communicate activities with the customer
- Participate in the afterhours on-call rotation
· Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience,
skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the primary duties.
· Two-year (2) degree in a related technical field or related work experience
· Minimum six years related work experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Understanding of HVAC, Security, Access Control, CCTV, or other building or electronic
· Proficient in software applications including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and
· Industry product knowledge desired
· Good knowledge of service procedures.
· Good customer service skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to the ability to
relate technical terminology to customers, listen effectively, and solicit input from others.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties of this job. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
Moving over rough or uneven surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items. Transporting of items such as a laptop computer and luggage; driving an automobile, etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
While performing the primary duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. Employee may work in different environments while on various job sites.
Must be able to climb ladders and lift 75-pounds unassisted.
May be required to report to work outside normal business hours, on holidays and on weekends.