Software, Azure Cloud Operations Expert
Energy Management Global Technology group is creating a new team to develop a cloud component to serve as a common backend for multiple desktop, web & mobile apps.
We are looking for a technology driven Cloud Operations Engineer to join this team to help build & deploy this distributed cloud application that consists of a set of complex micro-service-architecture based backend services.
Your primary responsibility will be to take ownership of deploying & monitoring the performance and availability of the cloud services, as well as responding to time-critical incidents and identifying & resolving issues (including security).
You will need to work with the team to deliver a robust infrastructure and ensure that these services are well utilized by various web, mobile & desktop applications. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design & development with high levels of quality & reliability is essential..
Responsibilities & duties:
- Configure, deploy, manage, and maintain large-scale enterprise cloud environment on Azure platform
- Create tools, automation scripts, and streamlined processes to ensure rapid deployment of cloud services
- Proactively look at ways to improve security, scalability, product availability & robustness
- Work with customer support teams to ensure quick resolution of incidents & issues
- Creation of documentation and policies to deploy & manage services
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud services
- Experience in installing, configuring, deploying, maintaining & optimizing Azure cloud-based servers and services for high availability, scalability, fault tolerance and disaster recovery.
- Experience in configuring health monitoring and alerts for apps, pipelines, infrastructure and services.
- Microsoft Azure Certification (MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or MCSE Core Infrastructure)
- Hands-on experience using the Azure administration portal
- Experience with Container Orchestration Platforms (preferably Azure Kubernetes Services)
- Proficient in creating tools, scripts, and automation (preferably in Python)
- Strong technical and analytical troubleshooting skills and experience working in a technical support / network support role
- Strong DevOps mentality
- Experience with TCP/IP networking protocols, e.g. HTTP, REST APIs
- Experience of creating networking strategies with VNets, VPN gateways, Firewalls
- Experience in working in Agile environment
- Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform experience
- Security experience, certifications, or compliance auditing
Personal qualities & behavioral traits
- Problem-solver at heart – resourceful, aptitude to quickly troubleshoot
- Resourceful & proactive: take initiative & act
- Willingness & ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to challenge and question based on reasoned argument
- Clear and precise communication in English – written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 8+ years of rich experience in areas mentioned above with 2-4 years of Azure experience