Systems Engineering, Principal Project Design Leader
What will you do?
- Defining mission & scope of the system, stakeholder requirements, system requirements and system architecture.
- Authoring verification and validation test plan for end to end systems (preferable storage inverter systems)
- Contribution to the analysis of results of integration, verification and validation tests of residential storage inverter system.
- Work with external stakeholders (customers, users, installers etc) and internal stakeholders (marketing, industrialization, quality etc).
- Leads the engineering project teams and the different technologies for the development of new offers or evolution of existing offers.
- Produces the technical specifications in a system environment, guarantees performance and robustness, accountable for engineering quality and contributes to cost targets.
- As part of a new offer project, evolution and or agile approach, takes responsibility for management of a systems engineering dedicated technical team and technology.
- Actively contributes to technical excellence, influences the technical direction across one line of business in anticipation or offer creation or influences bricks, platforms or methods of multiple LOB when in a central function.
Engineering Project Management:
- Architecture & Design: Responsible to facilitate and drive architecture, design definition and implementation using the input from a cross disciplinary team. The Engineering project manager is responsible for managing and achieving the functional specification of the product or platform and its alignment with the Market Requirements document. The Engineering project manager is responsible for ensuring the architecture, design and specification documentation meets the needs of all stake holders such as service, manufacturing, quality, reliability and sustaining engineering team.
- Design Team: Coordinates, facilitates and drives the effort and design decisions of the project team as well as key stake holder contacts, while maintaining an understanding of the value of the program to customers.
- Risk: Constantly analyzes, anticipates, quantifies, mitigates risk (technical, schedule, manufacturability, application, etc). Maintains a risk register to co-ordinate, record and manage potential issues and follows mitigation plans through to completion.
- Test: Ensures the creation of a test plan that includes verification and validation of the product platform.
- Planning, Monitoring & Staffing: Works with the Functional Manager to create an optimal work breakdown, directs packages to the various functional design teams, and monitors the activities to meet program goals including completion of program deliverables during all the stage-gate phases. Establishes program plans and budget, including projections of required resources (effort, duration, cost, personnel, skills required, facilities, and equipment). The Engineering project manager provides input to Functional Managers on individual performance, including goal setting and performance feedback.
- Engineering Project & Design Deliverables: Ensures the quality and integrity of design and project deliverables including but not limited to: design budget, system/architecture documentation, design documentation, product cost register, risk register, functional specification, design verification and validation test plan and results, platform interface documentation, etc.
What qualifications will make you successful?
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering (Electrical, Systems, Mechatronics, Engineering Physics, etc).
- Prefer to have PMP designation and/or Scrum master/Agile certification. In-depth understanding of Agile project management with a proven history of execution. Proficient in using JIRA, Confluence, Portfolio and Agile methodology.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a new product development environment as a design architect/system engineer and 5 years of experience in managing an engineering project team. Prefer engineering management experience in platform/systems or mechatronics engineering.
- Require thorough understanding of project management principles and tactics necessary to achieve primary business & design objectives.
- Desirable: Understanding of energy storage, microgrid and renewable energy systems
- Knowledge of Hybrid inverters/chargers, embedded firmware, software application, design, industrialization, and new product introduction into a factory would be an asset.
- Knowledge of European and North American safety compliance standards preferred. Global grid interconnection requirements an asset.
- Must be a proven leader who can influence others with a demonstrated ability to communicate and drive decisions effectively to all levels of the organization sometimes in a virtual environment.
- Customer focused with good relationship building and conflict resolution skills.
- Highly motivated and an independent leader comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess good written and oral presentation skills and the ability to communicate ideas effectively to senior management.
- Effective time management and organizational skills; ability to manage or be a team player in a number of projects within a fast-paced work environment.
What's in it for me?
- An opportunity to work on technical projects in the renewable energy segment
Who will you report to?
Director R&D Products
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.